Performs general construction work at the Foreign Affairs Security Training Center on Fort Pickett in Blackstone, VA.
- Provide general labor support as the project requires.
- Job-site cleanup, trash haul, and manual material handling involving heavy lifting of construction materials.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools as needed.
- Set up and maintain job site safety equipment and fire extinguishers as required.
- Perform daily tasks in a safe and workman like manner in accordance with company policies.
- Use equipment, such as forklifts and skid steers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 6 months of commercial construction experience required.
- Experience working in safety equipment preferred (fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection, insect protection, etc).
- Experience using power tools preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a basic knowledge of construction materials to deliver required materials to tradesmen as needed.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to pass a Basic Federal Government Background Check.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be able to obtain a forklift license and skid steer license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and tools, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds for 50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform task on all areas and aspects of construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
Work is regularly performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.