To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elizabethtown, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Woodland Solutions • Elizabethtown, KY
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Plant Manager will effectively organize, lead and manage all functional elements of the facility.
- Provides Plant strategic and cultural leadership
- Actively promotes and continually drives a culture of continuous improvement
- Directs and manages all production processes for the manufacturing facility through the functional team leaders
- Develops and implements the Plant's strategic initiatives in alignment with organizational goals and objectives to achieve deliverables and continually raise the bar
- Provides and maintains a positive, productive, and communicative team-based work environment where team members are empowered, accountable, driven, and continually developing to achieve optimal results
- Maintain strong working relationship with union leadership through open communication during negotiation / grievance meetings
- Leads by example and creates and maintains strong partnerships and positive relationships with internal and external team members through open communication, transparency, and performance measurement/feedback. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals
- In partnership with Human Resources, oversees Plant’s Human Capital Management
- Leads and manages all activities related to the facility’s team members (talent management, training and development, coaching and counseling, recruiting, and separations) in partnership with Management and Human Resources to achieve top performance
- Fosters a “safety first” culture through training, evaluation, and continual focus, and ensures facility and team member compliance with federal, state, and local EH&S laws and regulations
- Maintains high morale through effective management, including frequent reinforcement of positive behavior and recognition of high performance
- In partnership with Human Resources and Management, ensures team members are provided and complete appropriate training and development
- Allocates team resources appropriately to ensure the completion of deliverables and delivery of optimal service to customers and manages labor expenses including overtime at facility to be within or under budget or approved levels
- Ensures the facility is fully operational and maximized in adherence with the company schedule and business requirements
- Ensures that facility has the right materials at the right place and at the right time in order to reduce unnecessary excess and result in 100% customer order fulfillment
- Ensures the appropriate maintenance, cleaning, and operation of all site equipment
- Has full ownership of the Plant’s P&L (Profit and Loss) and KPI Management
- Plans, organizes, directs, and runs optimum day-to-day operations to exceed planned deliverables
- Maintain positive quality ratings in customer systems and 3rd party certifications
- Develops systems and processes which track and optimize productivity standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure an effective return on assets
- Monitors operational expenses and seeks ways to improve efficiency and reduce cost while maintaining productivity and product quality
- Develops, monitors, and executes plant manufacturing budgets
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering needed
- MBA or MS preferred
- Proven track record of success as a Plant Manager in the Automotive OE manufacturing industry
- Ability to direct and lead automotive operations functions including weld operations, press operations, operations safety, production, etc.
- Experience in negotiation and contract development with UAW
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive experience in a key leadership/management role in a manufacturing facility (automotive manufacturing experience required)
- Strong business acumen (management principles, strategic planning, critical thinking, budgeting, resource allocation, human resources, etc.)