You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Join us on our mission to improve life through innovative medical lighting solutions! At Lumitex, we know that medical product companies are often challenged with the complexity of lighting design. We provide innovative engineering, product development, and production services to every medical product company that needs to optimize light so they can deliver light in its most impactful way, improving the standard of patient care.
We believe that ideas can change the world, and our customers should not be bound by technical limitations. With over 30 years of experience developing lighting system solutions for medical product companies, we have the expertise and knowledge to help our customers overcome their most complex lighting challenges.
Life at Lumitex starts with Mission. Our mission is to Improve Life with Light! This mission guides us in our daily work as we collaborate, innovate, and ultimately make the world a brighter place. We are seeking a dynamic and innovative Electrical Design Engineer to be an integral member of our Engineering team that is driven by launching innovative lighting solutions to a variety of medical devices. Come grow with us and light your own path!
The person who will thrive in this position will have an innovative mindset coupled with strong project management and technical skills. In this role, you will be challenged to apply your technical expertise in partnership with the internal organization (Engineering, R&D, Quality & Manufacturing) as well as outside contractors with a focus on meeting project milestones and exceeding company expectations. This position is located Strongsville Ohio. Flex/Hybrid scheduling is available.
The Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Lumitex Inc. Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating, product and process improvement. This position will report directly to the Director of Engineering and collaborate with the design, purchasing and manufacturing teams on key new design projects.
- New Product Development: Work on the development of new products as a part of a project team. Function as the owner of the electrical aspects for new and existing products.
- Research & Development: Serve as electrical engineer for Lumitex or customer-driven development projects.
- External vendor engagement: Work closely with outside contract software engineers, designing with system-wide perspective as needed to achieve project objectives.
- Supplier/customer engagement: Interact with suppliers, customers, distributors, and sales engineers when needed.
- Testing: Perform, instruct, and supervise testing of new designs.
- Product improvement/Customer Support: Work with Lumitex's contract manufacturers and internal teams to improve quality, manufacturability, and value of new designs.
- Technical Support: Coordinate activities of technical support personnel.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field required.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in medical device industry or regulated industry.
- Prior experience in product development to include:
- Experience working to regulatory standards. Prefer experience complying with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 standards.
- Experience designing products to meet IEC 60601-1 Medical Safety and Performance Requirements leading to successful FDA market clearance
- Prior Experience designing electro-mechanical devices
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience completing software validations.
- Experience reading and understanding schematics, drawings, work instructions and technical product specifications.
- Experience with Schematic and PCB Design software such as DipTrace and Altium.
- Knowledge with using radiometric equipment to optically test light output performance of low and high current LEDs is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and create with minimal supervision.
- Ability to flex and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Electrical Engineering
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gde034q
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.