Maintenance Technician - Full Time Position
11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Maintenance and Painting Experience Required
Ellicott City Health and Rehabilitation Center is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for our long term care facility. The ideal candidate for the Maintenance position will possess 1 - 2 years of related work experience, including plumbing, electric, and general maintenance work. Candidates must have a clean driving record and painting/drywall experience, and experience in a Long Term Care setting is a plus. HVAC certification a plus! Must possess knowledge of federal, state and local codes and regulations, of State regulations applicable to Nursing Homes, and of survey protocol. Must have knowledge of mechanical systems, cleaning methods and chemicals, floor care, fire safety, emergency preparedness, and quality control systems.
The responsibilities of the Maintenance Assistant may include, but are not limited to:
- Making preventive maintenance rounds
- Logging and dating all equipment checks and tests
- Logging and dating all preventive repair and routine replacement (e.g. filter changes, part dilapidation)
- Making all necessary electrical repairs (e.g. ballast, bulb and plug replacements)
- Troubleshooting electrical problems and equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repair HVAC.
- Making all necessary plumbing repairs
- May be required to perform necessary cosmetic repairs (e.g. drywall installation, painting and carpeting)
- Ensuring all public pathways and resident activity areas are safe and regularly maintained (e.g. snow and leaf removal)
- May be required to perform landscaping functions (e.g. cutting grass and planting vegetation)
- Assessing inventory need
- Maintaining all maintenance tools
- On-call time required
- Other duties as assigned
All CommuniCare full time associates enjoy our outstanding comprehensive benefits package in a great team environment! If you have an attitude of excellence and are ready to join a team of World Class Employees, respond to this ad with your resume for confidential consideration!
- 1 - 2 years maintenance experience is a must
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must have painting/drywall experience
- Experience in a Long Term Care setting a plus
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
- Must possess knowledge of federal, state and local codes and regulation
- Knowledge of State regulations applicable to Nursing Homes
- Knowledge of survey protocol
- Must have knowledge of mechanical systems, cleaning methods and chemicals, floor care, fire safety, emergency preparedness, and quality control systems.
- HVAC certification preferred
- Plumbing experience is desirable
- Electrical experience preferred
- Compassionate and enthusiastic personality
- Background/drug screening required