Staff Accountant II
Accounting professionals, is it time to take that next big career step? Let Vaco serve as your advocate in presenting you to our top clients who are looking for an Accounting Professionals. Our recruiting staff gives you an advantage over your competition by promoting your strengths and assets directly to hiring managers while helping you to be more prepared for your interviews!
From keeping you up to date on market trends and industry expectations, to providing you with valuable insight into the company's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities of specific clients, Vaco will give you the edge you need in today's highly competitive job marketplace. If you have a background as a Staff Accountant and are looking to move your career forward, let Vaco open the door for you. Apply today!
Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities:
Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts, preparing financial statements.
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports, verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures, recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Staff Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting (required)
- Full cycle accounting experience
- Heavy Reconciliations experience
- 3+ years of Staff Accountant experience required