AIRs Educators and Instruction program area within in AIR's Human Service division is seeking a Math Education Technical Assistance (TA) Consultant to aid us with improving outcomes in Education. The TA consultant will support a variety of projects on focused math teaching and learning in K-12 education settings, with a focus on equity and improving outcomes for racially and linguistically diverse students. Specifically, the role will involve training teachers and instructional coaches to deliver evidence-based math programs, monitoring and supporting implementation of those programs, helping teachers use improvement processes to test and refine new instructional routines, and providing math education expertise on research projects. The role will also involve contributions to business development and visibility for AIRs work in math education.
Candidates hired for the position might initially start working remotely but will eventually have the option to work from one of our U.S. office locations or continue to work remotely based in the U.S.
Established in 1946, with headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, AIR is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solve some of the most urgent challenges in the U.S. and around the world. We advance evidence in the areas of education, health, the workforce, human services, and international development to create a better, more equitable world.
AIRs commitment to diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations, and work environment. At AIR, we define diversity broadly, considering everyones unique life and community experiences. We believe that embracing diverse perspectives, abilities/disabilities, racial/ethnic and cultural backgrounds, styles, ages, genders, gender identities and expressions, education backgrounds, and life stories drives innovation and employee engagement. Learn more about AIR's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy and hear from our staff by clicking here.Responsibilities
The responsibilities for the position include:
- Develop training materials, implementation measures, and protocols for monitoring and providing feedback on implementation
- Deliver training, professional development, and coaching to support teachers in implementing new programs and/or improving their instruction using structured protocol
- Provide expertise on math teaching and learning to support research activities including, but not limited to, recruitment of study participants, development of implementation and related outcomes measures, data collection, and implementation analyses
- Contribute to the development of reports that describe and interpret findings for clients and stakeholders
- Represent AIR in interactions with state, local, and site-based staff; potential clients; and partner organizations
- Contribute to capacity building in math instruction with schools, districts, and education organizations and providers.
- Work on collaborative project teams, including supervision of research/TA assistants and associates as a task or functional lead
- Contribute to team efforts to develop new business opportunities around math education, including strategic planning, identification and pursuit of opportunities, and proposal development
- Manage or lead projects or tasks, with assumption of greater responsibility over time
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Masters degree with a minimum of 4 years in experience in math education or a Bachelors degree with a minimum of 6 years of experience in experience in math education
- Extensive knowledge in areas related to math education topics, including math teaching, learning, teacher professional development, educational technology, and evidence-based practices
- Experience providing direct training and coaching support to math teachers and/or math instructional coaches
- Expertise or experience in equity and improving outcomes for racially and linguistically diverse students
- Competency in using or applying data to inform instruction or educator professional learning
- Experience working with math education providers, curriculum developers, researchers, associations, or other stakeholders is preferred but not required
- Passionate about improving math instruction and student outcomes and bringing evidence to bear on education policy, practice, and decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication with individuals at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail with commitment to accuracy
- Availability and flexibility to travel locally and nationally
- Grant or contract writing skills
- Interest in continuing to develop skill related to research activities
- Ability to lead and collaborate on work in both an in-person and online environment
- Ability to balance work across multiple projects simultaneously
AIR requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive a legally required exemption from AIR, as a condition of employment. AIR will ask candidates to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made. Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for exemption prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment from AIR
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position. Depending on project work, qualified candidates may need to meet certain residency requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- Alliance Of Information And Referral Systems (Airs) Certified
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Collection