To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Staff Manager-SD Project Mgt
Windstream • US-Nationwide
Posted 25 days ago
Manage a team of Project Managers who oversee the installation of Windstream’s elite customers’ multi-location, services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide day to day management and coaching of team’s Project Managers who oversee the implementation of Windstream’s elite customers’ services.
- Manage team’s project workload including receiving project requests and assigning projects to team members.
- Responsible for successful completion of customer projects assigned to their team. Accountable for team’s performance and results including project timelines, customer satisfaction and minimization of project issues.
- Responsible for tactical forecasting and planning of team by developing, maintaining and implementing day to day operational plans for their project management team (one on one’s, oversight of projects, etc.)
- Own overall support of and communication to their team of Service Delivery and Project Management Goals and Objectives. Interact with other Managers and employees to ensure that policies are consistently accepted and put into practice.
- Monitor team’s projects and assist project managers with gaps or barriers hindering efficient and timely customer installations.
- Handle, resolve and track any customer escalations that come to the project management team. Identify root cause of the issue and work with appropriate business units to resolve the issue. Once the issue is resolved determine root cause and work with appropriate business units to prevent similar issues in future.
- Escalate significant issues that will impact the customer or Windstream only after all other available avenues to resolve issues have been exhausted. Participate in and initiate process and quality improvement actions.
- Training of standardized Project Management processes and procedures that support successful completion of customer projects. Ensure all project managers understand and utilize the standard Project Management policies and processes on all projects.
- Understand Windstream business units (functions, resources and processes) to ensure Project Management team is engaging appropriate groups on each project. Ensure team members have knowledge of Windstream business units, roles and processes.
- Ensure that every member of their team has the appropriate systems access, training, tools, process, and protocol documentation in order to perform their applicable function.
- Manage the development, measurement, motivation and cooperation of employees on their team.
- Properly assign and distribute workload to accommodate for vacations, personal leave, training and day to day project workload.
- Support Sales Teams with presalerequests. This may also include creating and presenting pre-sale project management documents to prospective customers in person or via conference call as requested.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with and provide open communication to Project Management Team, internal Windstream departments/business units, customers and vendors to ensure project/team goals are met.
- Track team’s projects as required to ensure understanding of team’s workload and project scopes. Analysis and reporting of team’s project information including team’s customer project summary and weekly and monthly metric information to management.
- Provide regular and timely project status updates to internal business units as needed to ensure project orders are flow smoothly through the conversion/installation process.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES
DESIRED WORK TRAITS & SKILLS;
- Must be driven by a strong customer focus philosophy, constantly striving to improve the experience for our customers. A positive thinker with a strong work ethic.
- Must possess excellent people management and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to quickly synthesize data that enables effective communication and issue resolution across all organizational levels. Confidence and ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess a bias toward action and a demonstrate sense of urgency in the resolution of customer, business and employee issues. Must be trustworthy and confidential.
- Must be able to lead by example, accept accountability for areas of responsibility and address all issues with professional and personal integrity beyond reproach.
- Handle multiple projects and deadlines effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to motivate people and manage change.
- Employee Performance Appraisals – Ability to honestly communicate employee’s performance during mid-year and annual review process.
- Service Delivery or Telecommunications experience and in-depth knowledge of circuit based products and of LEC markets and processes
- In-depth knowledge of Windstream Sales, Service Delivery and Billing functions and processes.
- Working knowledge of Windstream systems.
- Extensive project management, process management or problem solving skills and experience.
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.