Looking for a new career? Join First Transit as a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic!
Gillig buses, Ford E450 and Chevy 4500
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Hourly pay starting at $18.64 + based on experience and qualifications + ASE certification incentive
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, company paid medical/ dental insurance and paid holidays & vacation.
- A great work environment!
- Union shop!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical training helpful
- Previous direct automotive / diesel repair experience required (Cummins / Allison a plus!)
- Valid driver's license; CDL preferred must be willing to obtain within 30 days.
- Must possess an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- ASE Certifications are preferred. Must be willing to obtain within 90 days.
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status