Job Category: Engineering and Technical Support
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: None
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Local
Responsible for applying technical knowledge and practical concepts, processes, and methods related to technical systems and components. Provides guidance, technical direction, analysis and support for production, testing, documentation, implementation, and sustainment of SA's Space Optical Inter Satellite Optical Communications Terminals. Interfaces with Engineering and Quality support service groups to resolve technical problems and ensure Zero-defect production process with complete traceability.SA Photonics, a CACI Company,
is looking for a First Shift Production Supervisor
to join our NSIS (National Security & Innovative Solutions) Sector, working in our Los Gatos, CA Production Facility team supporting our Photonics Division manufacturing. The demand for laser-based communication technology is increasing in the areas of free space optical communications, laser transmitters and remote sensing. First shift hours are 7:30 AM to 4:30PM weekdays. Do you have a passion for this growing market? Apply now and join the team!What You'll Get to Do:
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Supervise the Production Technician team
- Initiate Job Requisitions and interview potential fiber optic technician candidates
- Review and approve employee timecards
- Execute employee performance appraisals quarterly
- Ensure technician staff is trained and certified to perform build and test tasks in compliance to ISO-9001
- Flow down build priorities from management to the Production team
- Achieve 100% on time delivery
- Provide WIP status to the production planner(s)
- Generate material/kit requests consistent with build schedules
- Ensure all build, test and inspection equipment has current calibration stickers and functional
- Generate and present production metrics weekly via Gemba meeting. Process Cycle Time, First Pass Yield or Rolled Throughput yield, Workstation Utilization, Workflow Constraints
- Oversee the training and certification of technicians
- Provide leadership in hiring and collaborating with the Recruiting Manager to seek out new avenues for recruiting technical staff
- Ensure team training and career growth by providing training plans and mentoring.
- Manage Team member daily work assignments and monitor activity in the cleanroom to ensure a quality process is being always followed
- Support in-process inspections as required by released work instructions and audits
- Request procurement and install capital equipment
- Support the introduction of new processes developed by manufacturing engineering and ensure they are maintained
- Lead by example with respect to all matters related to ethics, compliance, and security
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to SA policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience in electronic, mechanical, and optical subassembly manufacturing
- Experience in the manufacturing hardware for military and space use
- Experience in the design and development of ISO7 Class 10k Cleanrooms
- Demonstrated commitment to customer mission and program success
- Proficient using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- High school diploma with minimum of 15 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
- High strength splice and recoating experience with certification
- Experience in environmental testing to MIL-STD or equivalent industrial test levels, including shock, vibration, thermal, and EMI/EMC.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status. - provided by Dice
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Industrial Laser Tasking