EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sales Engineer. This position will work within our International Division and will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Performs customer requirements analysis and maintains product catalog/ roadmap
- Leads partner SATCOM equipment evaluation, integration and procurement activities
- Supports RFP responses including requirements, compliance and gap analysis
- Supports Business Development activities as needed
- Serve as a Hughes product expert, providing system engineering and system architecture best practices and techniques, both internally and externally
- Develop industry leading VSAT solutions including connectivity and beyond
- Manages engineering activities to include transmission planning, link budget analysis, network design, budgetary pricing, network enhancements, and technical briefings
- Develop winning technical solutions and strategies for satellite wide-area networking, network security solutions, Global connectivity solutions, Mobility solutions for multiple verticals, cloud service solutions and digital media services
- Identify and design solutions built around value added services including VoIP, community Wi-Fi , tactical applications for public security and defense
- Develop and present technical and business benefits to decision makers and Program stake holders for million-dollar opportunities
- Support sales efforts to close new major, multi-million-dollar business opportunities.
- Complete RFP/RFI documents submitted by potential clients, with particular attention to technical and advanced product questions
- Engage directly with potential clients to solve technical questions, barriers, and architectural hurdles
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication
- 5+ years of overall experience in satellite and telecommunications industry
- 3 years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on and delivering technical products or services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business-related subjects to all audiences
- Ability to make good business judgment, ability to make decisions, and a passion for excellence
- Enthusiastic, action oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences
- Possess excellent technical aptitude and a desire to learn constantly
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
- Business Development
- Computer Engineering
- Digital Media
- Electrical Engineering