Schedule: 8am - 5pm.
Monday - Friday
The Sr. Technical Lead position serves the following purposes:
• Deliver high performance technology solutions utilizing a Digital Mindset and openly embracing digital in all interactions.
• Manage all aspects of Releases including Capacity, Scope, Content, and Resources, including cost
• Develops and manages project plans for multiple projects throughout every step of the lifecycle including tasks, estimates, resource allocations, deliverables, budgets/actuals, and milestone dates.
• Leads the development of procedures and processes and ensures adherence throughout development, promoting best practices and methodologies.
• Prepares and distributes project documentation including status reports, issues lists, change requests, and project milestone sign-off documents.
• Prepares and distributes the capitalization forecast for reconciliation with finance.
• Acts as the key contact for the Business Unit on the Clarity Governance Team. Oversees Unit Acceptance Testing for Clarity changes.
• Assists director with resource allocation, maintaining ongoing matrix of time planned.
• Supports production applications and systems; ensuring each system operates per service level agreements, and complies with government regulations and industry standards
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Agile Practitioner using Scrum methodology responsible for delivery of Release Plan, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation management
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed Stakeholders’ expectations
• Prepare Release Scorecard using release results and process
• Serves as subject matter expert on complex domain and technologies.
• Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications and system components, or operating system updates
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Provides technical expertise throughout application development phases from inception to requirements, elaboration, construction, deployment and maintenance.
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Weekly Release Reporting and other periodic management reports as needed
• Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
• Work with release engineers to understand impacts of software code branches and code merges
• Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Work closely with SQA for process compliance and audits
• Collaborate with senior leaders, business partners, architects, project managers, and IT Infrastructure colleagues throughout development
• Leads development projects to build foundation and to integrate operational systems
• Develop viable solutions to complex business requirements
• Takes lead on assessing complex issues and driving them to resolution
• Serves as primary contact for vendor engagements during development phases
• Coordinate project estimations including LOE’s required for project justification and CapEx
• Engage Solution Architects for creation of Solution Sketches, as needed
• Works in close collaboration with Technical Product Managers to coordinate business interactions and release scope
• Coordinate with Technical Leads to perform, design and code reviews
• Evaluate emerging technologies, development trends / methods and industry best practices
• Active contributor and participant throughout application development phases using Agile methodology
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s degree – BA or BS – or equivalent
Work Experience: Minimum of 7 years in Analysis or Project Management. Below lists the required knowledge and experiences.
• Agile Project Management
• Demand Management
• IT/Business Relationship Management
• Clarity and MS Project Expertise
• Business Requirements Documentation, Design Documentation, Test Plan, and Implementation Plan, Creation and Evaluation
Other: Other qualifications should include the following:
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycles
• Experience with Scrum Agile, CSM and/or ACP certification desirable
• Excellent project management skills, PMP certification desirable
• Experience in QMS
• Thorough understanding on Release and Project management concepts and solutions, and implementation experience
• 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
• 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
• Excellent facilitation skills
• Excellent problem solving skills and proven ability to systematically debug problems, isolate root cause, and implement solution
• Ability to work in a matrix environment – collaborating across different IT functions
• Formal training in project management practices preferred
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access
Critical Quest Diagnostics Core Competencies:
The successful candidate should demonstrate our core competencies of
1. Focus on Customer Seeks to understand and meet the needs and expectations of customers in a manner that provides customer satisfaction and loyalty. Starts with the customer experience and works backwards to the technology. Familiar with design thinking methodology.
2. Know the Business Uses knowledge of Quest’s key customer groups and needs, markets, business operations, performance trends and emerging issues and digital trends to inform short and longer-term focus.
3. Collaborate with Others Able to work with others to achieve business priorities. Approaches others with a positive attitude toward achieving common goals. Treats others with respect and values the contributions of others.
4. Promotes Strategic Alignment Collects, analyzes and leverages the broader market and competitor trends to set and communicate strategy and ensure alignment of all core business processes.
5. Digital Dexterity Fluent in modern digital technologies such as cloud, mobility, apps, social media and networking, information, and usability. Able to use technologies in unique, highly innovative ways to better serve customers.
6. Adaptability Responds effectively to changing environments. Able to foresee and change before the need to change arises. Keeps pace with relevant, leading edge technology, sees change as an opportunity.
Additional desirable competencies:
• Intellectual Horsepower
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Innovation Management
• Command Skills
• Drive for Results
• Comfort around Higher Management
• Managing Vision and Purpose
The candidate should also support our desire to move our HTAS organization to a digital mindset. This should include shifting from a traditional mindset to digital with emphasis on:
• High Skilled workforce
• Familiarity with Cloud, Mobile applications
• Ensuring our users experience is mission critical
• Supporting Agile and agility within our development and operations.
Service Level Agreement