Requisition ID: 115081
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Structural Engineer in our growing Construction Engineering Services Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, and is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Our Construction Engineering Services (CES) group consists of innovative design engineers whose expertise in designing and building temporary works adds value and ensures success of Kiewit’s projects. Additionally, CES provides on-site engineering and coordination support, leading and collaborating with Kiewit’s construction teams.
CES design engineering tasks include categories such as: bridge erection & demolition, critical crane lifts, erection sequencing & staged construction analysis, hoisting and jacking, temporary bridge & trestle, falsework, formwork, rebar cage stability, scaffolds, fall protection, marine engineering, working surfaces for equipment, excavation support, cofferdams, deep foundations and dewatering, and pile drivability analysis.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Omaha, NE Office.
- Design of temporary structures includes; formwork/falsework design, support of excavation systems, temporary bridges and crane trestles, heavy crane lift planning, Accelerated Bridge
- Construction techniques, personnel access and fall protection systems, erection and demolition planning, marine engineering, evaluation of existing structures for construction loads, etc.
- Perform calculations and structural designs
- Ensure accuracy of the design drawings
- Produce engineering design cost estimates
- Have the knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to current design codes, design criteria, and structural theories.
- Have an in depth understanding of the strength, mechanics and behaviors of typical construction materials.
- Clearly communicate and transfer structural designs and ideas to contract drawings
- Help identify design risks and assist with risk mitigation planning
- Other responsibilities could include: Project on-site design engineering support, on-site inspections, training and mentoring peers, etc.
- Experience with temporary structures and/or construction engineering preferred
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (required)
- Master’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering is preferred
- 0 - 2 years of relevant engineering experience
- EIT licensure or eligibility within the United States (required)
- Strong all-around academic knowledge of structural engineering
- Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage; this includes AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MathCAD, Navisworks, RISA-3D etc.
- Experience with working in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Developing interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Ribosomal Intergenic Spacer Analysis
Engineering Design Process