Will work collaboratively with Network Solutions to implement an optimized Linehaul Network Plan. Will implement and be responsible for determining road driver staffing, developing annual budgets to determine capital equipment needs, developing annual bids, monitoring network for purchased transportation opportunities and ensure compliance to all Linehaul Network operations. Responsible for the more complex Analyst work.
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
1. Review departmental tasks such as toll administration, zip code administration, misload compliance and reporting, exception routing, customer specific standards and capacity reporting. Implement process improvement changes as appropriate. Handles the more complex assignments.
2. Utilize operational planning models and processes to evaluate opportunities in the terminal, linehaul, equipment planning and service performance, make recommendations to management and help implement.
3. Effectively quantify and communicate process improvement strategies to leadership.
4. Administer processes for review of network Lane Imbalances and submit request for Purchased Transportation.
5. Develop annual system road bids and work with Field Transportation to implement.
6. Review network to determine routing and freight movement compliance.
7. Determine network Road Driver Staffing need based on network design.
8. Communicate directly with department leadership and field management regarding network loading changes, diversion planning, administration, and compliance in the operation.
9. Communicate equipment necessary by type to run network based on network design.
10. Work with department leadership, finance and transportation to develop annual Trans Budget based on network plan and projected volume.
11. Responsible for maintaining IT systems related to runs times, timing events and load plans.
12. Research network daily operation and provide feedback on areas of improvement.
13. Create Direct Load Plans and temporary load plan adjustments.
14. Maintain Zip Code routings by terminal.
15. Manage Toll Payment and implement savings plans.
1. Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
3. Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message, listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
+ Competitive pay based on experience
+ Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
+ PTO and paid holidays
+ 401k Retirement Plan
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related area.
2. At least (5) years' experience in Transportation related field.
3. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Experience using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
5. Experience as an Analyst in related field.
1. Knowledge and understanding of network operations.
2. Knowledge of modeling techniques and understanding of programming logic.
3. Experience using SQL.
4. 5 (five) years or greater in LTL environment.
5. Advanced Degree.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
**Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer**
**Requisition ID** : 2339
- Audio Equipments
- Business Process Improvement
- Financial Management