TMC Transportation is the nation’s largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you’re seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate full-time opening for a Front End Developer working out of our office in Des Moines, IA.
The Front End Developer is responsible for the development of components and modern web user interfaces. This individual will participate on an agile team that focuses on delivering software product solutions that meet the demand of our business and customers.
- Develop reusable components that will be part of TMC’s Design System.
- Assist with research, wireframing, prototyping and mockups to meet UX requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project scope.
- Work closely with Product Owners and Software Engineers to build business web applications.
- Work closely with UX Designer to transform low and high fidelity designs into modern web user interfaces.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, code reviews, and collaborative training sessions.
- Define and contribute to UI best practices and standards that will allow for high feature flow based upon customer feedback.
- Experience with UI design process including wireframing, prototyping and implementation.
- Experience in front end development using HTML, CSS3, LESS, SASS.
- Experience working with Angular.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Experience with Storybook.
- Experience with front end testing.
- Exposure to modern SDLC frameworks.
- Familiar with the agile methodology.
- Experience with CI/CD using Azure DevOps.
- Experience with distributed computing: AWS or Azure cloud platforms.
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Cloud Computing
- Code Review