To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
SCOM • Baltimore, MD
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Production Support Analyst - Baltimore, MD
- Under general supervision, the Production Support (PS) Programmer Analyst provides support of Investments applications to meet service level and system availability requirements.
- Supports and enhances the existing business applications to ensure application requirements and business needs are met.
- The position provides direction and assistance to other Programmer Analysts regarding complex technical issues.
- This person will help lead the support of multiple systems.
- Will take responsibility for complex and challenging production issues, acts as first point of contact for any job failure; reviews problem(s), identifies issue(s) and works to resolve them; if cannot independently resolve an issue, escalates and works with an escalated resource to solve the problem.
- Monitors the system and communicates with other areas regarding problems to ensure the system is functioning.
- Systems are monitored 24x7 and On Call Support rotation is required.
- Analyst is expected to collaborate within team to discuss issues and resolutions; provides status updates to management and the business so they are informed of any implications that might affect them (e.g., trading implications).
- Provides direction and assistance to other Programmer Analysts regarding complex technical issues.
- One week overlap preferred to cross train resource (potential), potential to have start in beginning of November (9th).
- Local matches STRONGLY considered for this position.
- This requisition will move from manager review of candidate to a f2f interview.
- Phone screenings will not be incorporated into this process to ensure there is a positive impact to the timing gates to identify a resource, within the next two weeks.
- There will not be a requisition call for the position at this time, however if there are questions - please reach out to BOT
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to multiple systems and support multiple business groups
- Demonstrated advanced ability to translate functional business requirements into complex technical solutions
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively work with people in the team, other IT departments and/or outside of the enterprise
- Ability to design moderate to highly complex technical solutions
- Demonstrated extensive experience applying technical standards and change control policies and procedures
- Demonstrates leadership ability
- Three or more years of programming experience
- Experience with .Net framework
- Experience programming in Powershell\PERL
- Strong UNIX skills
- Strong SQL server knowledge
- Previous MS Server Support preferred
s•com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.