To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ridgeland, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mississippi Compliance Officer - Ridgeland, Mississippi (Office- Based)
UnitedHealth Group • Ridgeland, MS
Posted 12 days ago
They say the only thing that stays the same is change. Nowhere is that more true than in health care, where transformation is happening with lightning speed. And UnitedHealth Group is leading from the front, shaping the future of health care every single day. As Mississippi Compliance Officer, you will responsible for monitoring changes with laws and regulations to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines. As you help us make the health care system work better for everyone, you'll find yourself doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealthcare Community & State, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is looking for an experienced Compliance Officer to join our dynamic Compliance team. Things are exciting at UHG as we are experiencing unprecedented growth, and looking for someone for a leadership position on our team in Mississippi. The Compliance Officer is an individual contributor role responsible for supporting all aspects of the compliance program for our Mississippi Medicaid Health plan. This position reports directly to the Regional Director of Compliance and indirectly to Plan Leadership, and serves as a first point of contact for state regulators on compliance matters related to the plan as well as Fraud, Waste and Abuse oversight. Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance and results through multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff.
The Compliance Officer will monitor changes to laws and regulations to ensure compliance with State & Federal laws, regulations and mandates. This individual will develop, implement and maintain the compliance program within UnitedHealthcare Community & State in order to ensure that we are meeting company guidelines and CMS requirements. They will establish and implement standard policies, procedures, processes and best practices across UnitedHealth Group to promote compliance with applicable laws and contractual obligations. The Compliance Officer will conduct state-specific research and monitor changes to requirements to mitigate risks and achieve compliance. Will also oversee the collection of data for regulatory filings, coordinate and develop reports, projects, and assessment tools to verify compliance. They will develop compliance communications and drive problem resolution for a business.
Ideal candidates will have experience in a Mississippi Medicaid regulatory or compliance role (from either a health insurance company or from government), will have experience working with state level regulators, will have experience working with OIGs, experience presenting, communicating and interacting with senior leadership and will have strong project management experience and experience working in a matrixed environment.
- Develop and manage site Compliance Committee meetings
- Ensure written standards and procedures
- Provide training, communications and education
- Ensure proper reporting and response to state stakeholders
- Conduct auditing and monitoring, to ensure compliance
- Oversee contract compliance activities and vendor oversight
- Remain vigilant regarding fraud, waste and abuse
- Ensure privacy requirements are met within the health plan
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a role directly managing a compliance program
- 3+ years in Healthcare or Managed Care experience
- Experience managing multiple projects/tasks; proven history of successful results in managing issues and driving strategic program initiatives
- Proven ability to drive cross-functional teams to deliver operational compliance
- Must live within commutable distance of the location listed for this specific career opportunity.
- Up to 25% travel within the state of Mississippi
- Experience leading audits and major program initiatives
- Experience working as a Subject Matter Expert in a large, highly-matrixed organization, working with various business segment and/or stakeholders
- Experience developing relationships with regulatory agencies
- Experience in government programs
- Experience and understanding of HIPAA and state privacy laws
- Experience developing and presenting training programs
- Master’s degree or JD degree
- Experience and knowledge working with Mississippi Medicaid
- Experience and knowledge working with state level regulators
- Experience in a strategic role, ideally leading and implementing a comprehensive compliance program
- Ability to identify root cause issues and ensure appropriate corrective action
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Mississippi , Ridgeland, MS, Medicaid, Office-based, Compliance, Regulatory, HIPAA, Managed Care, Government Program.