Forensic Mental Health Program Director
We are seeking a licensed Psychologist to fulfill the role of Program Director for the Satellite Statewide Residential Treatment Center within its Conditional Release Program (CONREP). This program provides court and parole mandated treatment and supervision to individuals transitioning from the Department of State Hospitals who have been found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity, certified as an Offender with a Mental Health Disorder, or found Incompetent to Stand Trail. It is a 90-day forensic unlocked residential setting serving 35 adults, both male and female. It’s an excellent opportunity for a Psychologist seeking to expand his/her skills in:
- Team Leadership
- Program Development
- Residential treatment
- Forensic treatment and supervision
- Violence risk assessment
- Court report writing
- Expert witness testimony
- Clinical supervision
- Crisis Intervention
As the leader of the interdisciplinary team, the Program Director oversees the management team, which includes the Program Coordinator, Residential Manager, Occupational Therapy Manager, Office Manager, and Nurse Manager. Other members of the team include Forensic Clinicians, Case Managers, a Medication Technician, Occupational Therapy Aides, Paraprofessional Counselors, a Psychiatrist, and an Administrative Assistant. There are also ancillary staff on site providing engineering, dietary and housekeeping services. The Program Director will also be certified by Community Care Licensing as an Administrator to provide back up support to the Residential Manager.
In addition to leading the forensic outpatient program, the Program Director interfaces with key stakeholders in forensic mental health system, including CONREP programs throughout the state, the Superior Courts throughout California, District Attorney Offices, Public Defender Offices, the Department of Parole, the Department of State Hospitals, and local law enforcement.
- License as a Psychologist in the State of California
- Experience in leadership or skills that lend themselves to being a successful leader
- Experience providing treatment and/or assessment in a forensic setting
- Experience working with individuals with severe chronic mental illnesses
- Experience working with individuals with substance abuse problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- California Class B Driver's License
- Driving record acceptable for coverage
- CPR Certification
- Management Of Aggressive Behavior*(M.O.A.B.).
- Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Community Care Licensing (CCL) background clearance.
- Valid California Driver’s license.
- Driving record acceptable for coverage by insurance carrier.
- TB clearance
- Fire and Safety Training
- First Aid Training Certification
- Attention To Detail
- Crisis Intervention