We are seeking a talented Senior Project Manager/Engineer
to join the west wastewater treatment group in Phoenix, Arizona
. Our group focuses on water and wastewater treatment, asset management, environmental health and safety, operations and program management for public and private clients across Arizona and the Southwest U.S.
As a Senior Project Manager/Engineer, you will provide design and design leadership services, project management services and provide client management and development support, relating to water and wastewater treatment projects. As a senior project manager/engineer, you will have the opportunity to lead a talented team in advanced and innovative wastewater treatment projects, support in the training and guidance of engineers and other technicians and become part of our leadership team.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership, project management, and advanced technical engineering skills relating to the treatment of water and wastewater. We are seeking self-motivated and active networkers who value building credible relationships with clients and the community.
Working with the Wastewater Treatment group this position has great operational management potential, and will see you involved in:
What you will bring to the team:
- Collaborate with fellow professionals on a wide range of water and wastewater treatment engineering projects
- Direct and oversee field work to evaluate project requirements, opportunities, and constraints
- Leading the planning, design and construction oversight of water and wastewater treatment related infrastructure projects
- Developing technical reports and proposals
- Providing mentorship and development advice to junior level staff
- Interfacing with clients for planning purposes, providing updates and building positive relationships
- Lead or support technical proposal preparation efforts along with delivering client interviews
- Interact with clients, suppliers, regulators, and stakeholders to help create successful concepts
- Participate in asset management tasks for water and wastewater facilities
Our commitment to you
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- Master's Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering, or Business strongly preferred but not required
- Registered Professional Engineer, and the ability to obtain licensing in the state of Arizona within 6 months of hire
- 8 to 15 years of engineering experience, or consulting experience
- Adept at using and/or training junior staff with AutoCAD, Civil 3D and related modelling software
- Experience with hydraulics, utilities, water and wastewater treatment, construction
- Talented at managing time, handling priorities, and working in fast paced environment
- Ability to excel in a multidisciplinary team environment as well as independently
- Attention to detail and ability to complete diverse assignments
- Effective written and verbal skills
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHD As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
Please attach your resume and cover letter via the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.