The Network Engineer III is responsible for the design and delivery of client driven projects requiring networking assistance. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate senior level expertise in the area of network routing, switching, firewall, and load balancing technologies as they apply to a service provider network. Must also have the ability to work closely with customer and translate complex requests into common language. This candidate must also have the ability to train and mentor other team members and act as a high-level escalation point for projects and trouble issues.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• 5-7 years hands on network/security experience working in IT operations.
• Expert level understanding of core networking technologies including:
Ø BGP (large scale with many different upstream ISPs)
Ø Routing and switching infrastructure from Cisco, Juniper, etc.
Ø Cisco 7600/6500 series
Ø Cisco Nexus data centre switching platforms
Ø Access layer switching such as Cisco 2960/3750 series
Ø Layer 2 technologies such as Spanning Tree, STP, RSTP, etc.
• 5+ years of production support for one or more of the major firewall platforms below:
Ø Cisco ASA
Ø Juniper SSG and ISG products
Ø Check Point NGX
Ø Fortinet Fortigate
Ø Palo Alto
• 5+ years of production support and design of the above technologies
• 5+ years of experience with network security technologies and best practices
• Experience using ticketing system for incident, problem and change management.
• Excellent customer facing communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Expert level network troubleshooting skills utilizing packet capture/analysis packages such as Omnipeek, Wireshark, etc.
• Experience writing design and implementation documents, Visio drawings, process documents, customer statements of work, etc.
• Obtained or willing to obtain relevant industry certifications (i.e., CCNP, CISSP, etc.).
• Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform job responsibilities
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work both independently and with others
• Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines
Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows-based computer applications