[ Overview ]
Oversees the overall operation of the assigned area. Works within the department and as part of the community’s management team to operationalize the resident care and service goals and objectives established by senior management
[ Responsibilities ]
[ Qualifications ]
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the Residents’ individual needs.
- Affirms the Resident’s right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the needs of the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of care needed based on the age of the Residents cared for.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development and/or adult health throughout the life span as appropriate to the job performed.
- Successfully completes life-span education as appropriate.
- Obtains a complete nursing history and baseline assessment that is systematic, consistent and continuous.
- Appropriately analyzes health status data to determine nursing diagnosis and needs for appropriate nursing care, medical intervention or services of other clinical professionals.
- Identifies Resident problems and formulates nursing diagnosis according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and educational needs in conjunction with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Consistently includes Resident and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Administers medications following CSHS policies and manufactures’ instructions, takes immediate and appropriate actions in the event of a medication variance occurrence and recognizes adverse reactions to medications and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Recognizes changes in the Resident’s condition and/or emergency situations and takes immediate and appropriate action.
- Performs and documents pain assessment and provides appropriate interventions and follow-up.
- Documents reassessment of pain as per facility policy.
- Provides Resident/Family education regarding pain.
- Notifies physician for unrelieved pain as indicated.
- In conjunction with the Nurse Manager, participates in the evaluation of the nursing staff and identifies performance goals.
- Delegates and monitors components of care to professional and nonprofessional caregivers as appropriate.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in the care of Residents and in the coordination of care to assure the achievement of maximum outcome.
- Makes decisions that demonstrate knowledge of nursing practice, utilizes sound nursing judgment in clinical and Resident care management situations.
- Nursing graduate.
- Registered Professional Nurse with current NJ license, CPR and IV Certification required.
- Minimum of three years related nursing experience required.
- Previous supervisory nursing experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN license/NJ required
- CPR certification required
- IV certification required
Nursing certifications consistent with the nature of care provided are preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
[ Physical Demands ]
Normal office environment with frequent exposure to resident care areas. Occasional visits to locations across the System or off-site.
Daily potential for exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Occasionally
Standing/Walking – Frequently
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Occasionally
Typing/Filing – Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
[ Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ]
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.