To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brentwood, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Insurance Associate • Brentwood, TN
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Commercial Insurance Associate is currently seeking an experienced Accounting Assistant to join our team in Brentwood, TN.
Who we are:
Commercial Insurance Associate handles risk management insurance consulting property and casualty insurance policies for companies across the country.
About the role:
This individual will perform a wide range of accounting and administrative duties to support the accounting department.
What you'll do:
- Verifies information and maintains accounts receivable reports including but not limited to monthly sales, open invoices, and aging reports.
- Receives checks and prepares deposit slips; verifies remittances against business accounts; deposit checks daily.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of accounts payable; receives, verifies, and posts accounts payable invoices into accounting system.
- Interacts with vendors and department managers when processing a resolution of account discrepancies.
- Receives and reviews check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts; serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Maintains accounting department files and records.
- Enters information into accounting data entry system.
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming telephone calls.
- Sorts and distributes internal and external mail.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, typing, and mailing.
- Assists with special accounting projects as needed.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and experience
- Accurately keystroke a minimum of 50 wpm
- One plus year of relevant experience
- Experience in Applied Epic is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts
Skills and abilities:
- A minimum of two years from college or technical school, or two years related experience in accounting.
- Accurately keystroke a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Proficient on Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in Applied Epic is a plus.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
What we offer:
- Benefits: We pay all employee portion of benefits, health, dental, vision and 50K of Life Insurance. 401K with up to 2% match after one year of employment.
- Salary based on experience
Please submit your resume via the "APPLY NOW" button
Job Title = Accounting Assistant
Relevant Work Experience = At Least 1 Year
Job Type = Accounting
Job Industry = Insurance
Job Location City = Brentwood
Job Location State = TN
Job Location Zip = 37027
Relocation Expenses = not covered
Employee Type = Full-Time Employee
Travel = None
Job Manages Others = No