Summary of Position:
The Field Equipment Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of all PropX containers, conveyor belts, and equipment as designated. This position will ensure that all equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum failures. The Field Equipment Maintenance Technician will perform quality checks according to procedure and modifyequipment in a timely manner. This position will also perform preventative maintenance, repair, and overhaul, troubleshoot and test mechanical & electrical equipment according to PropX standards. The Field Equipment Maintenance Technician will require long hours in various weather conditions, being "on call" 24/7 and travel to various PropX Equipment locations.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* Strong background in machine electrical required.
* Proven PLC Programming experience Allen Bradley RS 5000 required, with networking (Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, etc.) experience preferred.
* PLC background requires writing, debugging, developing, and troubleshooting PLC's and proven HMI Programming experience preferred (Wonder Ware).
* Computer skills: Windows environment and ability to load/setup varioussoftware.
* Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanicalproblems and the ability to read prints including mechanicaland electrical prints.
* Excellent analytical skills and data interpretation required.
* Knowledge of safety practices such aslockout/tagout, NFPA 70E and proper use of PPE.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent; Associates Degree preferred.
* 4 years combined schooling and industrial experience.
Indicators & Attributes for Success:
* Willingness to learn and retain information
* Ability to stay on task and follow through
* Communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Safety conscious
* Customer/Client focus
* Positive attitude
* Prioritization skills
* Ethical practice
* Strong team-player
* Troubleshoots mechanical equipment, PLC's and ladder diagrams, AC and DC circuits, electrical sensors and switches, motor controls and servo controllers, safety circuits.
* Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs electric motors and equipment (120, 240 and 480V).
* Knowledge of basic hand tools and machine shop equipment.
* Completes preventive maintenance tasks as scheduled, and documents finished work.
* Systematically tracks system failures, including thorough cause analysis.
* Recommends maintenance intervals to ensure maximum system productive time.
* Travels to locations with PropX equipment to troubleshoot and repair.
* Interfaces with manufacturers and their suppliers to improve current and future designs.
* Conducts training, lessons learned, and problem solving with client's maintenance staff.
* Installs, modifies, and repairs automated industrial control equipment.
* Understands software utilized within programmable logic control (PLC) systems.
* Designs, plans, installs, and maintains industrial control equipment and instrumentation such as loop controls, variable frequency drives, control panels and load balancing.
* Understands mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
* Assists in routine planned maintenance and emergency repairs of plant equipment including conveyors, bucket elevators, and washing/drying equipment.
* Interfaces with customer representatives on proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
* Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Regularly operates in a highly safety-conscious environment, outdoor and indoor.
* Regular exposure to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise.
* Must be able to work in adverse working conditions such as heat, wet, cold, noise, etc.
* Must be available to work off-shifts, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
* Location Travel may be required.
* Must be willing to work overtime, as needed
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
At LOS, our total employee benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug (Rx)
* Voluntary Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, & Child(ren)
* Employee Basic Life and AD&D Insurance Company Paid
* Short Term & Long Term Disability Company Paid
* 401(k) or Roth 401(k) Retirement Plan, plus a company match
* Parental Leave
* Flexible Paid Time Off
* And many other benefits not listed here
- Allen Bradley Factory Automation Equipment
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Programming