To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Emeryville, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
The Judge Group • Emeryville, CA
Posted 1 month ago
We are building a world class financial team that will drive the financial and operating strategy of the company by producing accurate and timely accounting information. We are looking for a highly motivated, process-oriented person with a strong sense of ownership and business ethics. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the supervision of accounting staff and management of the month end close process for the, including preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting reconciliations for the largest subsidiary that consists of 40+ legal entities. You will work closely with Corporate Accounting Manager and Assistant Controller on the reporting and other special projects. You will play an integral part in establishing and implementing financial processes and helping the company navigate through its financial transition and continuous process improvements initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage day-to-day accounting and banking operations, ensuring that there is a redundant process and staffing back up in place for every critical operation
• Coordinate and manage the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations
• Develop monthly and quarterly standard accounting reports for the management and executive teams
• Work closely with Corporate Accounting Manager to Design and implement monthly close processes and related controls and training incoming team members to execute in accordance with internal policies (calendar, review, analysis)
• Oversee, train and manage in office and remote accounting staff
• Support financial planning and analysis and the operating business units with accounting related matters
• Manage posting and review of all journal entries, including intercompany transactions for the managed subsidiary
• Work closely with Corporate Accounting manager on intercompany reconciliations and other intercompany transactions
• Assist with the execution of quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits
• Work closely with Corporate Accounting Manager and Assistant Controller to continuously improve accounting processes through technology and workflow changes, without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
• Participate in performance management process, to include drafting performance reviews, coaching, and providing input on direct reports for human resource decisions
• Work on other special projects as assigned by Assistant Controller
Problem Solving & Decision-Making Authority:
Decision Making Authority: HIGH
Signature Authority: NONE
Problem Solving: HIGH
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business or related field bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• CPA or CMA
• 8 years or more or progressive of accounting experience
• 2 or more years supervisory experience
• Able to work cross functionally in a fast paced and changing environment
• Strong excel skills to including pivot tables and vlookup
• Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
• Ability to meet business critical deadlines
• Strong time management and organizational skills
Service Excellence and Innovation: Provide superior products and services by listening to our clients and each other, and apply our combined knowledge, experience, enthusiasm, and innovative spirit to each project.
Accountability: Foster trust and build mutually respectful relationships by speaking and acting with integrity and following through on our commitments.
Team Work and Camaraderie: Create a collaborative environment by sharing ideas; recognizing strengths, skills and perspectives; celebrating our successes; and providing the tools, support, and training needed for each of us to grow as a professional and enhance the success of the organization.
Experience with ERP use and implementation with emphasis on Netsuite
Standard office working conditions apply; minimal travel required