To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Durham, NC 27704
- Angela Painter
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Medical Billing Clerk / Patient Account Representative Needed in Durham, NC
Kelly Financial Resources • Durham, NC
Posted 2 months ago
Medical Billing Clerk / Patient Account Representative Needed in Durham, NC Contract to hire Salary: $23.00 - $27.00 based on experience Requirements:
- Coding certificate a plus, but not necessary
- 5 years minimum of hospital billing experience
- Understanding of the UB-04 hospital claim form
- Understanding of standard CPT, HCPCS & ICD10 coding nomenclature.
- Knowledge of HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer guidelines and systems.
- Thorough understanding and experience of hospital medical insurance claims processing including follow up of denials and appeal workflows for all major payers.
- Good verbal and telephone demeanor; comfortable making outbound calls to third party insurance companies.
- Microsoft Office experience, with a focus on Excel and spreadsheets
- Meditech, or other hospital based practice management software a plus.
- Works and processes the Billing functions, including the compiling of claims to be billed, the clearing of Claim Check Edits, and the electronic upload of claims to be submitted to our Claims Clearinghouse for electronic submission. Also processes the daily paper claims submissions for primary and secondary claims.
- Follows up on accounts assigned to determine if the claim has been accepted and processed for payment or denied. Reviews claim rejections and re-bills accounts when appropriate.
- Effectively and timely identifies the root cause of non-payment denials and works with the insurance company, the patient and allied healthcare support staff to find resolution to claim denials, making all necessary claim and account corrections to ensure the full reimbursement of services rendered.
- Appropriately escalates denials via the payer Appeals process, and obtains all needed documentation to support the appeal escalation.
- Contacts insurance carriers, patients or guarantors at established intervals to follow-up on status of delinquent accounts, determines the reason of delay and expedites payment.
Key terms: Hospital billing , medical billing , medical biller , patient account representative If you are interested in this position, please send your updated resume to ANGP465@kellyservices.com
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world’s most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 finance and accounting hiring managers rely on us each year to access the best temporary and full-time talent: people like you.
Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.