To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis Park, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Technology Officer
ExecuNet • St. Louis Park, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Company seeks to recruit a Chief Technology Officer (CTO). This newly created role will be a member of the Company executive leadership team and report to the Chief Executive Officer. The CTO will provide vision and leadership
to develop and implement information technology initiatives and innovation in software platforms that align and enhance Company’s strategy and mission. Importantly, this executive will oversee a total annual spend of $40
million plus have influence over the three Segments engineering and technology annual spend of $50 million.
This is a transformational role as the organization seeks to increase its pace of innovation, by bringing together the Engineering and Information Technology functions. This position will leverage data to create new
commercial and connected solutions. The CTO will partner with business leaders to define and deliver an IT road map that continually drives critical business initiatives to enable the company’s current and future business
needs, providing vision and leadership to the planning, deployment and security of IT solutions. They will also work with the Segment Engineering leaders to drive new product development forward.
The current technology platform is comprised of multiple systems, including various ERPs. Major short term focus activities for the new executive include building scalable software platforms, completing the consolidation
of ERP systems, enhancing the existing salesforce.com platform to improve customer impact, and enhancing IoT and data and analytics capabilities by connecting Company devices with customers to provide actionable
The new executive will be a strategic leader who can build on the existing technology and business strategy to provide new capabilities for employees and customers. He/she will bring both a business and technology focus,
strong relationship management skills and will help make technology a critical component to Company's strategy.
The new CTO will be based at Company’s corporate headquarters in Minneapolis, MN.
- Serve as a key enabler of Company strategy as the senior most technology leader. Elevate the technology discussion to play a leading role in the execution of the Company strategy, serving as the primary voice with respect to innovation and technology. Lead the enhancement of the technology and support the digital strategy road map and ensure its integration with the overall Company strategic plan. A deep technologist in understanding research, commercial development with the ability to provide technical feedback on projects. A well-read and well-versed thought leader in innovative technologies.
- Partner with Segment and engineering leaders to help achieve their business objectives by implementing new technologies and capabilities.
- Lead an effective technology governance process where all key stakeholders are brought into the decision making process, and all ideas are brought forward for discussion. Maintain an entrepreneurial approach while driving prioritization by aligning business goals with technology resources: identify initiatives that are the highest value to the business, and gain buying for those initiatives. Collaborate with Segment R&D Leaders to ensure product roadmaps are successful- NPD-launch.
- Improve resiliency and security of the technology environment. Work with the audit committee of the board, and others to support Enterprise risk management framework.
- Continuously monitor other company’s digital innovation strategies and marketplace trends, and enhance the Company strategy accordingly.
- Act as a trusted adviser. Build and maintain relationships with business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs and ensure cost-effective delivery of technology and digital services to meet those needs; respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Manager of a multi-level, matrixed organization, who can set vision and gain support, developing and implementing execution plans, budget management and accountability, time management, managing to plan, developing talent, coaching (including other leaders), delegating appropriately, conflict resolution and effective problem solving. Recruit, motivate and develop a superior staff.
- Develop the annual operating and capital budget for technology and digital initiatives to ensure it is consistent with the overall strategic objectives of the enterprise. While recommending and implementing a methodology to track metrics that are aligned to organizational goals.
- Build relationships through networking and presenting on industry boards. Recognized and engaged in industry associations. Participates in technical seminars regularly
- Responsible for supporting common tools and processes- selection through implementation (Enovia, SolidWorks, 3D etc)
- Lead product development to deliver more connectivity to devices, while also providing actionable information to customers.
- Improve new product vitality.
- Successfully complete the consolidation of multiple ERP systems.
- Maintain a secure enterprise against ever-changing cyber threats - especially in a customer connected environment.
- Fifteen or more years of progressively responsible software development leadership roles in an industrial, manufacturing or technology environment
- Ideally, a sitting CTO or #2/divisional technology leader in a global company.
- Experience leading an Engineering team or Product Development Group
- Ideally, this person has experience in both R&D as well as IT. They will understand the hardware side of the business and importance of growing in that space and introducing new products as well as moving forward with IoT initiatives and product offerings.
- Proven success in in increasing new product vitality
- Experience with managing the NPD process and driving accountability and improvement in new product vitality.
- Transformation expertise
- Proven track record of implementing a digital transformation or innovation strategy in a multi-business unit company. Experience building software platforms, while integrating enterprise solutions (SAP, JDE or other ERP systems) and legacy systems, in addition to introducing new data capabilities
- Team leadership experience with organizations in excess of 150 employees
- Experience with full-time, contract and vendor resources located in countries around the world.
- Experience with executive committee and board-level engagement
- Experience interacting and engaging at the highest levels of an organization.
- An undergraduate degree in a technical discipline or business
- An advanced degree is highly desirable.