HealthPoint Family Care is a private primary care medical, OB/GYN, dental and mental health practice located in Northern and Central Kentucky. The organization employs over 190 highly qualified physicians, nurse practitioners, dentists and support staff who are dedicated to providing care for children, adolescents and adults, including many without health insurance.
HealthPoint Family Care employees enjoy a competitive salary, 8 paid federal holidays, your birthday off paid and a generous Paid Time off policy. In addition, you will have the opportunity to participate in a wide array of benefits plans such as health, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, Safe Harbor 401K Plan, long term disability and group/voluntary life insurance plans.
- Greets patients in a professional manner and accurately registers patients.
- Advises patients regarding payment options to include assistance programs, slide and commercial insurance eligibility.
- Collects co-payments from patients in the form of cash, check, and credit card and provides receipt.
- Submits pre-certifications and other appropriate insurance paperwork to the Billing department in a timely manner.
- Maintains patient flow based on appointment setting and medical need; directs other patients and visitors to appropriate departments.
- Manages dental schedule to achieve optimum efficiency and productivity for the providers. Adheres to established scheduling protocols and standards of customer care.
- Monitors automatic appointment reminders and makes patient reminder calls as necessary.
- Timely answers phones and schedules patient appointments.
- Answers the phone, takes messages and routes them to the appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Triages all patient calls as necessary.
- Checks department voicemail and responds to messages within one hour.
- Prepares daily deposits for bank transfer and secures cash until transferred to authorized personnel or deposited at the bank. Balances cash collections with posted payments.
- Handles any necessary paperwork for patients appointments.
- Follows established regulations and professional standards as required of the position. Participates in and supports continuous quality improvement.
- High School or equivalency minimum 1 year dental experience preferred.
- Individual should have the ability to operate effectively in the Dentrix system, Microsoft Word, text paging, Internet, and Intranet.