Hilton Supply Management (HSM) uses their expertise to forecast and proactively manage our property's supply chains, so hotel employees can focus on what's important - the guest experience. With more than 6,000 hotels in our program (including over 1,500 non-Hilton-branded hotels), HSM drives massive economies of scale and negotiates competitive contracts with industry-leading suppliers - ensuring direct savings on the products their hotel partners use most. What will I be doing?
As the Manager, Project Procurement, you will plan, organize, implement and execute project procurement initiatives pertaining to hospitality Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E). You will handle budget management and timely completion of all HSM Projects involving property expansions, renovations, adaptive reuse and new construction FF&E projects. Individually, you will lead a minimum of ten to fifteen (10-15) projects at a time, with a minimum combined budgetary value of $10-$15 million. You will also work in conjunction with Project Coordinators that support the respective functions and responsibilities within the Project Procurement department.
You will serve in a leadership capacity as the liaison and single point of contact among internal and external resources including owners, project managers, and suppliers. You will have the overall management responsibility for the execution of your assigned FF&E projects within the team, ensuring that each project is completed in both a timely and economical fashion in the efforts to exceed expectations for our clientele.
More specifically, you will:
What are we looking for?
- Own budget development, analysis and handle revisions throughout the project process.
- Lead the project from a turn-key perspective - RFQ's/Bidding/Analysis, Purchase Orders, Cash Flow/Invoicing, Expediting/Delivery and Close-Out/Reconciliation.
- Review design specifications in accordance with brand standards.
- Confirm/Re-validate FF&E quantity matrices in conjunction with Interior Design submittals.
- Assist in tracking sample approvals, shop drawings and CFA's.
- Resolve supplier issues with respect to quality and/or delivery timing.
- Research and help to identify business opportunities for the Project Development and Logistics department. You will report findings and conclusions to leadership.
- Foster and build relationships with the Brands, hotel properties, Hilton Global Design Services, Architecture & Construction, the Interior Designer, our project Suppliers, Project Development and Strategic Sourcing. You will formulate and implement improved processes and procedures in Supply Chain enhancements.
- Coordinate, conduct and participate in meetings with internal and external departments, key stakeholders and suppliers to develop project critical path timelines and installation strategies.
- Travel to property and/or supplier sites. You will facilitate the execution and approval process for all supplier purchase orders while ensuring successful completion of each FF&E project.
- Partner with Project Coordinators. You will disseminate, organize and communicate regarding assignments and projects within the department and project team.
- Assist customers with filing damaged or lost product freight claims.
- Communicate all information in a timely manner to internal teams, external customers and suppliers. This includes preparing project status reports.
- Implement and lead departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies and directives of department are carried out in accordance with department and company objectives to include Success Factors.
- Inform leadership of progress and advise on key issues to help the decision-making process.
- Assess actual performance against standards to reconcile whether the department is on target to reach goals and take corrective actions as needed.
- Research and resolve any project related discrepancies and disputes.
- Lead team training and review output, including reviewing accuracy between interior design specifications and entry into Hilton's Supply Management's proprietary project procurement software application (SupplyTrak).
- Assist the Senior Manager and/or Director in recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and developing team members.
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Mentorship skills and a commitment to learning that encourages personal and professional growth by providing individualized training to Coordinators
- Collaboration skills to build positive relationships and trust
- Creative thinking and analytical research skills to gain the latest knowledge of hospitality industry trends, especially in relation to discovering innovative or groundbreaking operational products
- Communication skills to positively influence Hilton's partners and to communicate effectively at all levels
- Proactive problem-solving skills with flexibility and creativity in finding solutions for hard problems
- Leadership skills to implement project goals, effectively lead a team and adapt to change
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of work experience in Procurement, Purchasing and/or Project Supply Management
- Three (3) years of project procurement Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Microsoft Office experience with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, specifically creating formulas, pivot tables and report macros
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or other supply management certification
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its URL blocked - click to apply. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!