To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
EHS Manager (HESS)
KIK Custom Products • Elkhart, IN
Posted 3 days ago
Our 2 Elkhart, Indiana plants collectively contain 10 aerosol lines, 7 liquid lines, 3 tube lines, and 2 packaging lines. Elkhart's plants blend, fill and package a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care, pharmaceutical, and OTC consumer packaged goods and is an FDA regulated facility.
This position is responsible for ensuring facility compliance with corporate Health, Environmental, and Safety, Security and Sustainability (“HESS”) requirements and governmental regulations in a multiple plant manufacturing environment. Specific duties include safety training, PSM, compliance audits, leading employee committees, managing improvement projects, waste management, necessary paper work and record keeping. Ultimate goal is to ensure the site is driving HESS excellence in all areas.
Ideal candidate for this position is a hands on EHS leader with strengths in collaborating and gaining buy in with multiple levels of management and employees in a fast-paced plant environment and proven ability to manage a complex workload.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads all areas of facility HESS management including performing employee training to ensure compliance with corporate requirements and governmental regulations, GMP and other needs as situation requires.
- Reviews Safety and Work practices at Plant level and conduct Incident Investigations with GMs and other facility personnel.
- Monitors and ensure compliance with facility environmental permits and acts as a primary liaison with government inspectors.
- Conducts routine site review with leadership team to define site-specific HESS goals and monitor progress
- Facilitates/Leads joint employee-management HESS committees
- Develops and leads site specific HESS improvement initiatives such as waste reduction, injury avoidance, and improved employee involvement
- Provides prompt and complete communications with corporate HESS personnel regarding incidents and spills as required by corporate requirements.
- Conducts and accurately document routine HESS (including security) audits and inspections.
- Develops, implements and manages appropriate emergency response programs including ensuring proper training was conducted and drills completed.
- Manages the collection, storage, transportation, and shipping of hazardous waste.
- Facilitates the return to work of injured workers & manages Workers Comp claims with corporate assistance.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree (or higher) required in area of discipline
- 5-7+ years' experience managing or supervising EHS in manufacturing environment
- Career progression to leadership role in manufacturing environment in Health, Environmental, Safety and Security
- EHS related certifications a plus
- Safety background including PSMs
- Functional strength in safety management and at least a working knowledge of environmental regulations and the regulatory process
- Desired: Experience in Title V Air Permitting and compliance, wastewater permits, stormwater permits, RCRA, and remediation programs
- Available to work on an on call basis
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK!
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.