The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for the operation of the Housekeeping Department under the guidance of the Resort Manager. Responsibilities include yet are not limited to assisting in the hiring, training, discipline and termination of all Housekeeping
personnel as well as resolving guests’ complaints or issues in a quick, courteous, efficient manger including the handling of lost, found and missing items. The position includes the responsibility of promoting and maintaining a safe and friendly working environment
as well as good working relationship with other departments and department managers.
Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
• Supervise the housekeeping staff and all functions of the department under the direction and guidance of the General Manager
• Assist in cleaning and inspections of room as necessary
• Complete reports and maintain communication with Front Office with retards to status of guest units
• Enforce company policy and procedures as part of maintaining Quality Assurance standards at expected levels
• Order and maintain inventory on unit supplies, linens, laundry, and cleaning supplies with respect to budget
• Oversee ongoing training of all Housekeeping supervisors and other personnel
• Coach and counsel all Housekeeping personnel with regards to career development under direction of General Manager
• Complete Personnel Performance Appraisals per company schedule and policy
• Maintain proper Guest Relation programs to insure the satisfaction of all guests
• Maintain quality benchmarks as established for Bluegreen and RCI comment cards
• Prepare daily work schedule for Housekeeping staff.
- Degree preferred and/or 2 years in hospitality or business discipline
- 2 years of experience as Housekeeping Manager or Supervisor in a hotel or resort.
- Strong Knowledge of Front Office Systems and Operational Expectations, Extensive knowledge of operating procedures to successfully pass audits.
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to select and develop top talent
- Strong sense of teamwork, strong problem resolution skills.
- Participation in refurbishment projects. Strong ability to negotiate contracts. Nurture relationships with outside vendors.
- Handle stress in fast-paced environment. Exercise good judgment/decisions
- Prioritizing task with sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership & Interpersonal qualities.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically.
Our goal is to improve the quality of work/life by providing equal employment opportunities for all candidates and team members. Bluegreen Vacations Corporation believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop
and retain the most talented people from a broad candidate pool. We are a drug-free workplace, and if offered employment, candidate must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test. EOE/DFW