Petroleum Service Corporation is looking for a servant leader to mentor, coach, and inspire our PSC employees. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated and will build trust and open communication to continue our mission to be the best at what we do.
The Operations Manager will be directly responsible for multiple PSC workgroups at specific sites. This role will actively engage with site leaders and field employees to ensure that all operations under his or her direction are striving to achieve excellent performance in the areas of safety, environmental and overall job quality.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Overall Operating Performance
- Clearly communicates goals around operating performance and ensures that they are understood
- Has direct participation in safety meetings and overall training initiatives to model appropriate behavior for our field employees
- Performs safety observations in the field, reviews forms completed and identifies trends or areas of improvement
- Ensures that all incidents are investigated and participate directly in significant incidents
- Works closely with the field employees and customer to identify improvement areas, efficiencies and help implement them
- Ensures positive recognition is occurring for good performance and personally participate in recognition events where possible
- Provides one-on-one and group coaching to supervisor and field level employees
- Actively participates and helps lead group leadership development activities and leadership training conducted
- Performs annual performance evaluations
- Identifies future leaders, and creates an individual development plan for these candidates
- Identifies high risk activity or situations that leave PSC exposed to undesired liability (injury, contamination, reputation).
- Develops win/win solutions to opportunities to maximize value to customer and at the same time contribute to PSC's success.
New Business Development
- Has regular contact with key customer personnel, including regular face-to-face interaction
- Utilizes PSC quarterly report card process to facilitate the ongoing regular dialogue in customer relationship at the facility
- Understands specific contract pay and billing details
- Recognizes and acts appropriately for situations that balance protecting short-term financial impact versus long-term negative business position with a particular customer
- Looks for new business opportunities and works to expand these operations, as appropriate
- Identifies new prospects through regular industry contacts and participates in introductory meetings
- Performs walk-through at potential facilities and participate in scope and proposal development
- Leads startup efforts for new job in area of responsibility
- Participates in regular in-plant management meetings
- Shares information / best practices / lessons learned
- Recruiting / hiring / employee performance
- Helps conduct safety intensive and other key safety training
- Effectively communicates and implements company policy changes
- Manages damage claims to minimize impact
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Experience in a management or leadership role involving operations, safety, and / or training is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, such as the ability to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization and within a presentation setting
- Proficient skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to be innovative, creative and a proven self-motivated, team-oriented attitude
- Attentive and active listening skills
Why join the PSC team?
- Must be available for travel up to 50%.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter 'The Connection' which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Supply Chain Management