Kinder Morgan is the largest independent transporter of petroleum products in North America, transporting approximately 2.4 million barrels per day. The great majority of these products are transported through our Products Pipelines business, which moves gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, crude oil and condensate through about 9,500 miles of pipelines. We also have approximately 65 liquids terminals in this business segment that store fuels and offer blending services for ethanol and biofuels.
Crude Operations in our Products Pipelines business segment currently consist of the Camino Real Gathering System, Double Eagle Pipeline and the Kinder Morgan Crude & Condensate Pipeline (KMCC) in the Eagle Ford, providing transport to the Corpus Christi, TX and Houston, TX markets, and the Hiland Market Center Gathering System and the Double H Pipeline transporting Bakken crude production from the basin to Guernsey, Wyoming and connections with access to Cushing, OK. Kinder Morgan's CO2 business segment owns and operates the Wink Pipeline System, which transports crude oil in West Texas.
This position will specifically support Kinder Morgan’s crude oil marketing function related to its Crude Operations segment.
Primary duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing & processing all daily and monthly volume activities associated with the crude oil marketing business
- Generate, analyze and explain daily and monthly risk position, P&L, and exposure metrics
- Management, review & monthly reconciliation of P&L in connection with Business Unit Finance team
- Proactively monitor daily trade processing to ensure timely and accurate trade capture in energy trading risk management systems
- Monitor, control and report daily transaction activity from crude oil marketing and commercial scheduling desks
- Monitor hedging programs to ensure compliance with approved risk management objectives
- Provide weekly volume and price forecasts to support financial reporting
- Aggregate/upload hauler reports into energy trading risk management system
- Daily reconciliation of truck carrier reports vs Kinder Morgan’s terminal management system (1st purchasers especially) – identify missing/error tickets
- Perform over/short analysis for all 3rd party truck haulers
- Daily reconciliation of pipeline tickets and energy trading risk management system
- Reviews and corrects movements/tickets daily
- Perform volume allocation by contract and counterparty and imbalance reconciliation
- Actualizes movements in energy trading risk management system
- Perform daily book to physical reconciliations across all terminal and pipeline assets
- Updating and distributing 3rd party Customer Reports including daily ticket statements to counterparties
- Handles 3rd Party customer/contract monthly volume confirmations
- Prepare monthly hedge accounting analysis in conjunction with Derivatives Accounting, Business Unit Finance and Marketing Accounting as well as provide explanations around monthly transaction activity to support accounting close
- Work cross-functionally with commercial scheduling, business development, contract administration and other related departments in completing the monthly close process
- Responsible for monthly close, margin tie out and variance analysis
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of intercompany transactions involving inventory transfers
- Maintain SOX internal control processes documentation
- Assist with quarterly and annual audit and SOX testing processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or a similar discipline is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the energy or oil and gas industry is required, and 5 years is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, primarily Excel, is required.
- Hands-on experience with the Quorum QLM and/or ION Allegro application is preferred.
- Problem solving skills and decision making abilities are required.
- Excellent analytical skills and able to work through large amounts of data and numbers.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with others in an open environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Must possess the desire and ability to work with detailed information in an organized manner.
- Must be a self-motivated team-player.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Kinder Morgan, Inc. offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including: health care benefits including medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; Flexible and Health Spending Accounts; Life and Accidental Death and Disability insurance; Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Disability insurance for employee and dependents; retirement benefits including a 401(k) with employer and employee contributions and a company-funded pension plan; paid time off; paid holidays; a flexible work schedule and many voluntary benefit plans.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Business Development
- Contract Management
- Decision Making