To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tempe, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Financial Analyst/Accountant I
TSYS • Tempe, AZ
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Performs a variety of financial activities, including accounting, financial analysis, audit, tax, asset administration, general ledger, credit and collections, ensuring accuracy and compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other accounting regulations. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and providing financial information, plans, and projections. Performs analysis of financial studies and prepares summary reports for management. Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations.
Job Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Monthly accounting close, daily customer service account research and customer billing process. Solving customer service issues (cases that are logged within the system), client refund follow up, monthly accounting close, accounts receivable research
Job Specific Skills & Competencies:
Experience working with a public company. Accounting reconciliations, accounting monthly close, customer billing, cash application, problem solving, ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
What Part Will You Play?
- Performs basic tasks to support more experienced peers with financial/accounting projects, such as budget planning/analysis, financial plans, revenue forecasting, and statistical reporting. Resolves basic issues pertaining to financials within established guidelines as directed. Assists more experienced peers with the preparation of ad-hoc studies, reports and analysis.
- Assists with preparation of monthly income statement and balance sheet variances, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and maintaining accounting records. Assists with the development of monthly, quarterly and year end reporting as required.
- Assists in the preparation for internal/external audits and immediately escalates process issues and/or potential process issues impacting any aspect of the audit work to the appropriate peer and/or management. May provide routine responses, in accordance with audit standards, to basic requests from auditors.
- Begins to develop knowledge and company specific financial acumen by leveraging the experience of more senior peers and researching internal policies/procedures, methodologies, standards, external publications/regulations and attending internal/external training.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is Required
- Typically 0-2 Relevant Experience Required
- CPA/CMA candidate or other relevant certification preferred
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Microsoft Office - Experience in the use of systems and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.