Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with naviHealth. At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care.
naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time.
The .Net Software Solution Architect in the Engineering organization provides technical leadership and guidance to the Engineering team in designing solutions for our enterprise products that help our customers succeed in improving the care outcome and reducing healthcare cost in the continuum of care spectrum for the patients.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with Product Management and relevant business stakeholders in understanding key business and product requirements and lead efforts in collaborating within Engineering in solution and design to satisfy those requirements
- Provide high-level effort estimates for such solutions
- Direct platform and systems-level architecture design and decisions
- Optimize implementation approach to the target architectural roadmap and enforce technology and architecture standards and procedures
- Work closely with internal engineering leaders across different software products to define and design platform architecture blueprint and roadmap and build consensus around it
- Establish a unified, consistent architecture framework and patterns that are aligned to the business goals and objectives
- Work with engineering teams to define the high-level implementation approach to the target design or solution to ensure the most efficient and effective approach to the goal, balancing quality, and effort
- Externally act as the technical point person for Engineering to participate in the enterprise Architecture Review Board
- Collaborate with other teams and locations across naviHealth on cross platforms solutioning and design
- Lead enterprise-level technology proof of concepts. Evaluate new and emerging technologies (software, tools, etc.) to be at the forefront of technical innovation
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
- Lead the creation of a technology framework and providing technical leadership in support of naviHealth’ s initiatives in cloud computing and automation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Essential multi-tasking skill and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Outstanding servant leadership, time management, and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Deep technical skill and possess solid business acumen
- Ability to exercise balanced judgment between the technologies, design, and the needs of the business
- Ability to lead by example and influence; solid ability to work across multiple teams and locations to build consensus
- Ability to lead and contribute to parallel projects spread across multiple development teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience designing and building Enterprise-class SaaS products using technologies like Microsoft.Net, Web/RESTful services, SQL Server, KAFKA, and Azure; practical experience implementing microservices pattern
- 5+ years hands-on development experience using web and cloud technologies and tools
- Experience in the areas of multithreading, scalability, and application of design patterns supporting high availability services
- Experience with leading front-end technologies (Angular.js, Node.js, Bootstrap, React)
- Experience designing and solutioning enterprise-level SaaS platforms
- Experience in developing solutions for cloud architecture using cloud patterns (Azure)
- Experience working in an Agile, fast-paced environment
- Azure Solution Architect Expert Certification
- 2+ years hands-on experience working on container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
Being a pioneer in post-acute management and care transitions with 19 years of experience, naviHealth is uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. We provide clinical service support alongside proprietary technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
We care about the people we serve
We care about each other
We care about our communities
We embrace innovation
We like simple
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by colleagues assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. naviHealth reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’ s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.