About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm has four designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Payroll Specialist.
This position is a temporary assignment (duration approximately 1 year) to support NYS Department of Health contact tracing initiatives related to COVID - 19.
New York State will hire and train a team of staff working remotely to support the NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH) and Local Health Departments (LHDs) to perform COVID-19 contact tracing in communities across NYS. The aim of this initiative will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, establish all contacts of this person, and proceed to call and maintain ongoing communication with every contact. In addition, the team will support the isolation and quarantine of individuals, as appropriate in cooperation with the LHD. This includes virtual needs checks and referral to community resources as needed. This contact tracing initiative is in tandem with statewide-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and knowledge of effective strategies to reduce transmission, and implementation of isolation and quarantine. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in NYS.
- Prepares biweekly New York payroll, for hourly employees; consistently with 100% accuracy
- Maintains documentation of payroll and database processes and procedures; and recommend changes.
- Handles escalated customer issues and act as liaison with the Enterprise Support and Information Technology teams
- Calculates and enters wage assignments, calculate and prepare manual checks and update the system with pertinent information; process moving expenses, bonuses, performance awards, education reimbursements, severance and termed employee payments
- Assists staff with payroll and time entry policies and procedures; research and respond to inquiries from management, staff and third parties, including daily oversight of the payroll Outlook mailbox
- Prepares and processes payroll adjustments or amendments to correct staff records, as needed
- Reviews time-sheet entries validation and other payroll reports to verify accuracy of time-entry and resulting pay implication; follow-up to ensure accurate and complete payroll entries
- Interacts with accounting to clear reconciling items
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets; utilize report-writing tools to develop and ad hoc reports to summarize or provide payroll and/or other HRIS information.
- Audits accuracy of HRIS system data. Insure the appropriate level of supporting documentation to comply with all state and federal labor requirements
- Insures local, city and state tax accounts are established to properly assess and withhold related taxes for employees, as required.
- Ceridian Experience, Microsoft Office
- Payroll Experience (payroll processing, tax registration)
- Attention to Detail, Ability to multi task, ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information regarding staff and company information.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong customer service skills.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees.
Proficiency in creating spreadsheets and running reports.
Understanding of state and federal wage tax implementation.
Strong math skills to calculate payments and deductions.
Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Education: Bachelor’s degree Preferred or equivalent experience required
Experience: 5+ years of Corporate payroll processing experience working on a multi state payroll
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving