Apex Systems has a Solutions Architect opening for one of our largest clients in Miami.
If you are a Solutions Architect and interested in applying, or hearing more about the role, please send an updated copy of your resume in a word doc to John Baer at Email blocked - click to apply.
Responsibilities of Solution Architect:
- Review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future IT capabilities.
- Provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximize the return on technology investment.
- Within the agreed enterprise architecture, define and design technology solutions to assist the business in meeting their business objectives.
- Develop, test and implement technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes
- Design solutions in accordance to security standards.
- Review the proposal of vendors and suppliers to ensure that quality inputs are delivered at the least possible cost.
- Maintain Enterprise standards documents up to date.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
Experience required for Solutions Architect:
- 3 years direct experience developing and architecting IT solutions
- 5 years related experience, extensive technical breadth through experience in the IT industry in areas of application development and deployment, and in areas of creation and maintenance of the application to support the complex application environment.
- MUST have TOGAF experience
Knowledge and Skills Required of Solutions Architect:
- Experience across multiple platforms, including distributed systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of architectural frameworks and the ability to produce effective design principles.
- Strong project manager with experience in consulting, productivity environment, integration, efficiency, data management and systems development and support.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and influence at all levels and ability to think strategically. Ability to share knowledge and expertise with others by providing advice and guidance to peers and management. Ability to persuade internal customers. Ability to think laterally and constructively question established process. Self-confidence, time and resource management, delegation, people development, training and the ability to plan, schedule and control. Knowledge and understanding of business process, objectives, milestones and structure.
- Should be able to communicate complex problems to other people in a simple way that they will understand. Teamwork, cost awareness, marketing support, communications, problem solving, decision making and ability to make formal presentations.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Systems Development Life Cycle