Position I.D. Name Registered Nurse Location Name Detroit Shift Days Expected End Date 02/01/2020 Specific Position Details administer chemotherapy, immunotherapy, blood products, & other IV medications in outpatient infusion room.
Provides leadership in the coordination and delivery of quality compassionate patient care. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family. Effectively communicates pertinent patient/family information to health care team. Participates in finding solutions for variances from patient goals and ensures implementation of solutions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides leadership in the professional practice setting.
2. Supports and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
3. Actively participates in the shared governance process to promote nursing practice.
4. Delegates tasks and communicates plan of care to assistive personnel in a respectful professional manner.
5. Promotes a healthy work environment through promotion of professional communication standards, commitment to co-workers, and positive problem resolution.
1. Anticipates and exceeds patients and customers' expectations that meet all elements of the Client Experience.
2. Identifies services and care improvement ideas and act on them to create excellent customer experiences.
3. Demonstrates, supports and assumes personal accountability for consistently upholding team members to the standards across the System and adhering to Client policies and procedures.
4. Recognizes the unique contribution all health care team members contribute to the patient experience.
Quality and Safety:
1. Acts as a patient advocate while utilizing the nursing process to plan, deliver, and evaluate goal focused, individualized, safe, age specific care for all patients including those with complex pathophysiological needs and/or psychosocial needs.
2. Seeks to understand and incorporate both safe practices and evidence-based practices into daily nursing care.
3. Maintains compliance with regulatory standards regarding practice, environment and documentation.
4. Directs and delegates nursing care based on patient acuity and staff competency that is consistent with the nurse's obligation to provide optimum patient care.
5. Participate in quality improvement/patient safety initiatives and programs.
1. Participates in professional development and continuous learning.
2. Contributes to establishing, maintaining and improving the work-place environment that encourages respectful interactions with colleagues, support of peers, and identification of issues that need to be addressed.
3. Maintains knowledge and skills in appropriate technology.
Research and Education:
1. Provides education for staff, colleagues, patients, and/or families.
a. Precepts new staff and students as requested.
b. Provides and documents individualized patient and family education.
2. Maintains and demonstrates current clinical knowledge in area of specialty.
3. Integrates research findings into practice.
1. Participate in community activities and/or professional organizations.
2. Represents Client by promoting an atmosphere of care, concern, pride and respect to internal and external customers
3. Maintains awareness of personal actions and activities and the impact on the image of nursing.
1. Aware of financial implications of actions and decisions based on factors related to safety and effectiveness.
1. BSN preferred.
2. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
3. Clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to formulate effective nursing care plans.
4. Ability to perform a wide variety of professional nursing services.
5. Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, and hospital personnel.
Current licensure by the Michigan State Board of Nursing.
Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors as outlined in the Client's Customer Service Policy and summarized below:
Must practice the customer skills as provided through on-going training and in-services.
Must possess the following personal qualities:
Be flexible and committed to the team concept
Demonstrate teamwork, initiative and willingness to learn
Be open to new learning experiences
Accepts and respects diversity without judgment
Demonstrates customer service values
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Work in a health care setting with possible exposure to communicable diseases.
2. Frequent walking, bending, and lifting are required to perform job duties.