Job Number: 41376
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: MAGNA ELECTRONICS HOLLY
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Magna's ADAS technologies are shaping an autonomous future and improving lives.
Full autonomy is coming. But to create the technology which will bring it into view, you need the desire and ability to adapt complete ADAS systems or modular solutions to any vehicle, for any mobility need.
Magna's electronics solutions connect OEMs to their customers with features that improve their lives. It's our expertise across the entire vehicle, key strategic partnerships and culture of innovation that allow us to make our industry-leading technologies road-ready. And it is how we'll continue to build a safer, smarter and more connected mobility experience for all people.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible to ensure their departments are fully focused and effective in their role as a key link between our customer, striving to optimize business and material flow within the defined cost standards. Manage in accordance with the principles of the Magna Employee Charter, Constitution and Magna Operations Principles.
* Promote company culture and ensure discipline to all company policies and procedures
* Responsible and accountable to lead, manage, support and provide direction to all staff within the operation/department through effective goals/objectives setting, performance monitoring and reviews, communication, and the execution of on-the-job training and development plans.
* Ensures a robust operational/department structure by maintaining effective staffing levels and creating succession plans and related employee development plans to support current and future needs.
* Develops and executes an annual strategic plan for the Operation/Department supporting company performance objectives and industry/field related benchmarking and trends.
* Collects, measures and monitors data related to the overall effectiveness of the Operation/Department; benchmarking and analyzing these trends to establish action plans for continuous improvement in Quality Operating Systems (QOS process).
* Develops and implements new processes and procedures, as needed to support changing business demands.
* Facilitates effective two-way communication through scheduled department/staff meetings (minimum monthly) and an Open Door philosophy.
* Facilitates and promotes a work environment based on fairness and concern for people, in accordance with the principles of the Magna Employee Charter.
* Ensures visibility and accessibility to employees, by practicing Management By Walking Around (MBWA).
* Accountable for Operational/Department budget preparation, approval and attainment.
* Facilitates key employee committee meetings, driving Continuous Improvement in the respected areas.
* Takes a leadership role in the flawless launch execution of product into the specified operation.
* Ensures confidentiality of all proprietary and human resources related information.
* Overtime and travel may be required to support achievement of objectives.
* Involvement in the accident/incident investigation program, determine root causes, correct actions and following-up to ensure completion.
* Seeks out and corrects unsafe acts or conditions, ensuring all health and safety policies are followed.
* Conducts planned workplace inspections, as scheduled by the Environmental, Health and Safety Department.
* IATF management representative (as applicable).
* Follows Magna's Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance polici
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field including eight years manufacturing leadership experience; or equivalent, with at least five (5) years in a senior management capacity within the automotive industry. Possess high degree of knowledge in manufacturing, operations, process design, systems and quality. Electronics manufacturing experience preferred.
* Leadership skills to lead and manage operations toward long-term departmental and organizational goals.
* Employee relationship and management skills to support, develop, and lead a successful operations team.
* Strong communication skills to work with internal and external contacts at all levels within the organization, represent the company in a professional manner, and to sell concepts to customers.
* Project and program management skills and proven financial capabilities to maintain quality, cost, and timing of programs.
* Knowledge of safety programs, ISO standards, IATF, and Lean practices.
* Prior involvement with strategic planning, resource allocation, and the coordination of people and resources.
* Strong understanding of equipment reliability and labor efficiencies within a production environment.
* Knowledge of the various functions of an automotive plant such as maintenance, quality, production control, safety, program management, operations, and materials as needed to determine how these areas are interrelated.
* Experience with strategies such as product lifecycle management (PLM), and self-directed teams as needed to effectively implement these strategies.
* Can identify critical Quality Operating Systems (QOS) for plant and interpret/recommend corrective actions for same.
- Automotive Industry
- Business Process Improvement
- Conflict Management