Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As an Internal Staff Auditor, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
The Internal Staff Auditor will assist with the performance of internal audits & reviews to assess reliability of financial reporting, safeguarding of assets, effectiveness and efficiency of operations, and compliance with policy and applicable laws and regulations. Our audit teams work collaboratively; travel together in groups of 2-6 and visit popular destinations throughout the world, with less overall travel than is standard for the profession. Quest internal audit fosters continuous learning through on-the-job exposure and formal training. Auditors often have the opportunity to rotate into corporate finance or business operational positions based on performance and availability of roles.
- Prepare work products such as audit analyses and engagement documentation, test and evaluate processes and related controls, assist in the preparation of the audit approach relating to nature, timing and extent of procedures; assist in the preparation of the final report.
- Develop recommendations for improvements in control, operational and financial processes.
- Participate in training to increase knowledge. Develop and maintain skills in audit, operations, and accounting and information systems.
- Analyze complex situations which may require interpreting unusual and conflicting information.
- Handle multiple tasks with varying priorities, and set appropriate priorities
- Ability to understand and trend Audit reports and financial statements and use analytical skills.
- Exceptional team work and interpersonal skills a must.
Travel approximately 10-20% throughout the year with mainly domestic travel; certain locations are within driving distance (MA, NY, NJ PA, MD and VA). International travel (if applicable) to include but not limited to Mexico, Brazil and Canada
Opportunity, based on performance, for rotation into a Corporate Finance or Regional Business Role within 2 to 3 years.
Continued Development/additional training in areas of Effective Communication Skills, Providing Feedback, and other areas as identified.
Opportunity to lead/manage a challenging/unique project of significant proportions.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance related areas.
- CPA, CIA, and/or MS/MBA preferred.
- 2+ years progressive work experience in accounting and/or auditing (external or internal) preferred.
- Big 4 or other large national public accounting firm experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Actively learns from experience.
- Demonstrates exceptional performance.
- Action-Oriented; Self-Directed.
- Demonstrated PC proficiency in Excel and Word, audit analytics experience a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.