Senior Network Engineer – CoStar Group
CoStar provides industry professionals and consumers of commercial real estate and apartments with critical knowledge to explore and complete transactions by offering the most comprehensive, timely and standardized information on commercial real estate and apartments and the right innovative tools to be able to effectively utilize that information.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our large team of expert engineers to manage the network backbone that spans multiple active global private and public data centers, 80+ offices worldwide, to support web applications like Apartments.com & Loopnet.com, which are used by millions of customers every day.
Are you a self-starter, love the challenge of solving problems and building solutions to help the company scale and enjoy leading other engineers? Do you use leading edge hardware, software defined networking, cloud networks, and traditional networking to work on a variety of challenging and innovative projects? Are you motivated to help yourself and the team grow? Then CoStar is the place for you.This position can be based out of Washington, DC, Richmond, VA or Irvine, CA and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to two days remote per week. Four-day work weeks are also an option for those applicants that are interested.
As a Senior Network Engineer at CoStar you will get to directly work with:
- An awesome team of top network engineers who love to cross train and share knowledge
- Firewalls –CheckPoint, Juniper, AWS Security Groups
- Cisco Nexus switches – 9Ks, 7Ks, 5Ks, 3Ks, FEXs
- Load balancers and traffic managers – F5 BIGIP LTM and GTM, Akamai
- SSL VPN solutions – Palo Alto, Junos Pulse, CheckPoint, Microsoft Direct Access
- Design and implement network tools and solutions comprising 600 physical network appliances including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and VPN’s
- Provide network support operations as a player and coach in collaboration with >200 operations engineers spanning NetOps (your group), DevOps, DBOps, SysOps, SecOps, DevSecOps, and ServiceDesk spanning tickets related to data centers, Internet applications, and worldwide office connectivity
- Optimize and implement routing, switching, firewall, and load balancing enhancements for 50 market leading Internet sites that serve millions of visitors
- Secure and manage over 80 worldwide office locations supporting both onsite and remote users
- Cloud networking – Amazon Direct Connect, AWS VPC, Azure ExpressRoute, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Akamai, CloudFlare
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) – Cisco ACI, Aporeto, Terraform, Meraki
Preferred Qualifcations And Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science or related field)
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience in networking not limited to: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, QoS, SNMP, VoIP, Firewalling, Load Balancing, Wireless, ACI, Python
- One or more relevant certifications are a plus - such as PCNSE, PCSNA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCSA, CCSE, etc
- Experience supporting enterprise wi-fi over LAN and WAN environments (preferably Aruba)
- Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting Cisco network devices.
- Experience working in environments with >5,000 end points (VMs, workstations, etc)
- Experience with internal and external DNS and global DNS
- Experience with IP Address Management (IPAM) systems such as InfoBlox, Solarwinds, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, AppDynamics, Nagios, Data Dog, PRTG
- Experience in local and global traffic management and load balancing solutions such as F5
- Experience in network security including device hardening, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, IPSec, vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection
- Experience in network protocol analyzers/sniffers.
- Knowledge of all types of circuits – P2P, Dark and Lit Fiber, MPLS, WAN, MAN, PRIs
- Knowledge of heterogeneous networking components along with in depth knowledge of routing/ switching.
Normal working hours are standard Monday through Friday business hours. However, this position also requires periodic participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation and off hour maintenance windows.Location:
This position is based in Washington, DC. If you do not currently reside in or near Washington, DC, CoStar expects that you will relocate upon acceptance of any offer of employment.Overview Of Company
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.Whats In It For You
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.Our Benefits Package Includes (but Is Not Limited To)
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave (up to 12 weeks)
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Network Engineer
/>We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Vpc)
- Amazon Web Services
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Certification In Control Self Assessment