To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Providence, RI 02903
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Analyst Intern
IGT • Providence, RI
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
This position concentrates on budgeting, forecasting and reporting, will support the Finance Project Control within technology group. The position will also interact with project team to understand performance measurements and cost control strategies, identifying areas where cost improvement can be realized and fostering sound business practices around costing and project deliveries.
Principal Activities and Responsibilities
- Facilitate cost estimation, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Prepare, analyze and consolidate project budgets and forecasts.
- Serve as Finance Lead on system projects, service deliveries and costing process.
- Identify areas where cost improvements can be realized and assist in the implementation of programs to affect cost improvements. Assist with the development of systems and procedures that stress cost containment.
- Assist with ongoing improvements to finance related processes and policies and ensure consistency of application.
- Facilitate periodic and post mortem financial reviews of system and service deliveries.
- Educate team members and management at all levels on system and service deliveries financial measurements and analysis.
- Assist in the development and improvement of systems and tools.
- Educate team members and project managers on proper use of systems, tools and business processes.
- Perpetuate standards on the use of system and tools.
- Maintain good communication with team members and project managers.
- Microsoft Product skills, especially Excel (advanced level), PowerPoint, and Word.
- Research and analytical analysis skills.
- Experience with enterprise business systems and financial reporting software.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Currently enrolled undergrad or graduate studies, at least 2 years plan being an intern.
This description is a summary of principal responsibilities and is not intended to include all duties which may be assigned.
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, free identity theft insurance, free hot and cold beverages, and access to on-site gym facilities (Providence Headquarters and West Greenwich).
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.