Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference” culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?
Originally designed by famed Phoenix architect, Fred Melville Guirey, Rise Uptown’s two hotel towers have been artfully restored to their stylish mid-century glory. Featuring sleek floor-to-ceiling window walls and a signature soaring zigzag roofline, these posh former office towers are once again home to Phoenix’s movers and shakers.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
We are looking for someone, energetic and passionate about the culinary arts to join our Culinary team. This individual must be creative, motivated, and passionate about growing their talents in the kitchen!
Successful candidates for this role will have a desire to work in a professional kitchen environment, with a strong desire to learn, to develop skills and work with the culinary leadership team to prep and prep the kitchen for the shift ahead.
The Prep Cook assists the culinary team in production and fabrication of food products for kitchen preparation, cafeteria, banquets, dining room, and fine dining.
If you have a passion for the Culinary arts and are looking to join a team where you can develop your skills and grow a career, then we want you!
- You will develop your knowledge and skills in various cooking procedures and methods (grill, sauté and fry)
- You will have the opportunity to experience using knives and various kitchen equipment
- You will read and recreate recipes
- You will be consistent on all food preparation
- You will prepare cold items, salads, simple side items, simple appetizers and more
- You will prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat and more
- You will assist by taking inventory of ingredients to ensure proper par and stock levels
- You will mix and prepare cold sauces, meat glazes, jellies, salad dressings, and stuffing’s.
- You will learn how to minimize food waste through cross utilization
- You will have the opportunity to work with a world class culinary team
- You will create workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- You will keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- You will ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- You will be responsible for the quality of ingredients
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Active Food handler’s certification or the ability to get it
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a desire to exceed expectations
- An energetic personality
- Outline Of Food Preparation
- Banquet Operation
- Culinary Arts
- Salad Dressing