About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Aramark's Engineering and Asset Solutions (EAS) team invests in the future of our people for the future strength of our organization. As a result, our engineers are comprised of talented people who are growth-oriented, highly skilled and always ready to respond to the next technical opportunity.
EAS understands what matters to our clients throughout the course of their building and renovation projects. We're always seeking ways to save on overall costs, optimize systems for reduced energy consumption, and create projects that fit the mission of the clients we serve. We bring together a diversity of backgrounds in energy management, building commissioning, capital project management, and strategic facility planning. With skilled professionals at college campuses, K-12 facilities, healthcare institutions, businesses and cultural attractions across the country, we provide a tremendous opportunity to share knowledge and cross-develop skills throughout our service offerings.
With decades of experience advancing the interests of owners, EAS assumes the role of collaborator. Our clients look to us to help build teamwork and awareness throughout their community, while providing the technical expertise needed to deliver unparalleled service delivery. From setting aggressive energy reduction goals that we guarantee, to delivering buildings that work, all within budget and on-schedule. The Senior Energy Manager will be responsible for supporting energy management programs for six large hospitals in Massachusetts. #LinkedIn123 Qualifications Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering or Technical Related Field
- CEM and/or PE License Preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of building energy efficiency of which a minimum of 5 years should be in a healthcare setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and understanding of energy efficiency and clean energy technology
- Strong working knowledge of Building Automation System (BAS) operations
- Strong organizational and computer skills are necessary, particularly Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of building systems, i.e. boilers, chillers, HVAC/R, and BAS
- Optimize building operating schedules and set-points. Apply energy saving control strategies as applicable
- Be able to lead ASHRAE Level II energy audits
- Assist with identifying and evaluating energy efficiency measures, calculate the savings of potential of measures, and prepare assessment reports
- Direct the efforts for multiple complex projects, including overseeing and reviewing the work of outside technical support. Ensure this expertise is leveraged to provide the most meaningful client outcomes.
- Lead technical assessments, and support 3rd Party technical reviews that may include field work.
- Deliver and manage work with minimal guidance including the design, development, and implementation of energy efficiency initiatives.
- Create formal documentation, including memorandums, reports, etc., which are routine deliverables produced by the Energy Manager
- Successfully build alliances and influence key decisions makers (on all levels).
- Be capable of leveraging the appropriate internal and external resources to implement a Turn Key Solution
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the energy management team to ensure their competence and quality of deliverables is of the highest quality.
- Lead client monthly meetings, and ensure team performs against contractual objectives.
- Review energy performance reports to ensure the highest quality is maintained and delivered to the client.
- Ensure the annual energy performance guarantees are achieved.
- Proactively communicate with Aramark leadership to ensure appropriate support is received.
- Troubleshoot client issues as they arise and ensure that additional technical resources are integrated into the solution when necessary.
- Ensure energy efficiency measures are incorporated into new construction projects.
- Identify, pursue and track utility rebates.
- Manage night-walkthrough energy audit schedules and curtailment programs to maximize energy savings when buildings are not occupied.