Responsible for conducting and documenting the more complex audit projects independently. Provides or assist in providing training, coaching and guidance to less-senior internal audit staff.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to Internal Audit staff in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, or CISA required.
- 3 years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation and supervisory or project management experience.
- Master’s degree in business administration, public administration or a related field, or a second certification (CIA, CPA, or CISA) may substitute for one year of required experience.
- Travels 26-50% of the time.
- Considerable knowledge in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate issues and resolve problems.
- Considerable skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
Institute Of Internal Auditors (Iia)