The IHC Group is seeking a highly motivated and driven professional to take advantage of an excellent career opportunity as a Senior Medicare Insurance Agent. The IHC Group member companies for over 30 years have provided health, life, disability, dental, vision, short term medical and hospital indemnity insurance solutions to individuals and groups. Through product innovation and committed relationships with our policyholders, we have built a strong, successful insurance organization. We are looking extend our success into Medicare and are seeking a Medicare Agent with years of solid production to help support and advise our newly created Medicare team at our Milwaukee location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensuring agents understand and comply with all call center objectives, performance standards, and policies.
• Answering agent questions regarding best practices or difficult calls.
• Identifying operational issues and suggesting possible improvements.
• Working with other supervisors and management team members to support agents and maximize customer satisfaction
• Monitoring and evaluating agent performance, providing learning or coaching opportunities, and taking corrective action, if necessary.
• Field inbound calls from prospects interested in Medicare products. Prospects include individuals, seniors, employers, and brokers.
• Demonstrate consultative approach to telephone sales.
• Appropriately document all sales/service activity in appropriate data base (Customer Service Database, Avenue,).
• Conduct outbound sales calls to follow up on leads, quotes and other sales opportunities.
• Maintain working knowledge of competitor benefit information, health care industry trends, and health care reform activities
• Demonstrate strong customer service skills and willingness to “own” a prospect from start to finish. Handle calls in a courteous, respectful and helpful manner.
• Adhere to regulatory guidelines re: Medicare, HIPPA, and patient confidentiality.
• Work very closely with team members to solve customer problem. Offers solutions and suggestions for process and product improvement to management.
• Responsible for meeting projected membership goals.
• Assist in training activities as needed.
• Comply with Corporate, CMS and department policies and procedures.
• Perform similar job-related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 2 years of Call Center Medicare Sales
• 6 Months Call Center Leadership (New Hire, Training, Mentor, supervisor)
• Some College preferred
• Proficiency with technology, especially computers, software applications, and phone systems.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong understanding of company products, policies, and services.
• Ability to coach, train, and motivate employees and evaluate their performance.
• Excellent problem solving, leadership, and customer service skills.
• Analytical, efficient, and thorough.
• Coaching experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
• AHIP certified
• Health License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Small Motor Skills: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm, as in handling.
Speaking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word. Those activities in which require detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately and quickly.
Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication with or without correction.
Repetitive Motion: Substantial movement (motions) of the wrist, hands and fingers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office environment with controlled temperature.