No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
We all know that there's a lot more to come in the changes sweeping through the health care industry. But if change is going to shape our world, it's comforting to know that we're shaping the change. At Optum, the actuarial consulting leader in health care innovation, your performance, your ideas and your innovative thinking will help us improve the lives of millions.
As the Director, Actuarial Consulting, you will be responsible for provider actuarial and analytics leadership in Optum’s analytic services organization. Specifically, this includes subject matter expertise in the areas of value-based care, population health and financial risk arrangements, alongside colleagues with various professional backgrounds and areas of expertise. The role will include client engagement management and leadership, as well as sales participation. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Mentor and develop team of consulting Actuaries and analytics consultants
- Provide management and peer review to work completed by analytics team
- Lead and cultivate client relationships and business development
- Develop new and innovative solutions
- Work with executive management to integrate business development opportunities
- Develop business strategies that achieve overall long-term vision
- Work with delivery teams to ensure high quality and effective client deliverables
- Provide direction for the development of pricing methodologies and assumptions used in risk-sharing arrangements
- Oversee the development of Actuarial and analytics models
- Design and run complex data programs
- Manage forecasting and trend analysis
- Collaborate in an inter-disciplinary team to develop client outcomes in a value-based care environment
- Coordinate across Optum business units and advocate for broader Optum solutions
- Meet with prospective clients
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of Healthcare Actuarial and/or analytics experience
- 3+ years of consulting experience
- ASA or FSA designation
- Experience and credibility interacting with executives
- Desire and/or experience in individual or a team-based approach to developing new business and identifying add-on work
- Ability to travel 25-50%, as needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with medical grouper software
- Experience developing predictive analytics
- Actuarial/analytics leadership in health system or health system owned health plan
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Analytics, Advisory, Actuarial, Travel, Telecommuter, Telecommute, Remote, Work from home