About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Principal Analytics Consultant...
The Business Intelligence role within the Chief Control Office, Data Analytics Team will be responsible for driving critical change and support data reporting and analytics activities to drive front line risk-program implementation.
The employee will design, develop, and implement risk reporting and ensure the appropriate frameworks are established, significant and emerging risks are captured properly as they arise and drive the implementation of Wells Fargo's policies and procedures across all business groups and enterprise functions. They will work closely with individuals to document their requirements, create prototypes or mockups as needed, and test the report once development has been completed. They will also be responsible for evaluating our existing inventory of reports and driving efficiencies through rationalization or elimination of reports no longer in use. This individual must also be strategic and forward thinking. They will work closely with other team members within the Analytics and Reporting team and Technology partners to deliver holistic end-to-end solutions for our business stakeholders.
This individual must be capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast-paced environment. Strong relationship management, influencing, vision, and execution skills are required. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement while having the ability to make timely and difficult decisions.In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Act as a top subject matter expert to lead model development, data strategies, and analytical models with companywide impact, high risk, and with significant scope, cost, and benefits
- Lead the strategy and resolution of the most complex and significant challenges companywide, delivering highly complex, analytical, and modeling solutions that are long term, large scale, broad reaching
- Demonstrate vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical, and inductive thinking, and coordination of highly complex activities and resolution
- Provide model development, complex business analysis, developing analytical strategies, and complex projects
- Provide vision, leadership, and industry expertise regarding complex companywide strategies that significantly influence the organization's business and financial operations
- Engage with peers, managers risk, compliance, managers companywide, and serve as an expert advisor to leadership team
- Build, maintain and govern the MicroStrategy semantic reporting layer to ensure data consistency and single version of the truth
- Design compelling interactive dashboards using MicroStrategy Documents and Dossier
- Ensure reporting solutions are highly usable, scalable, and maintainable
- Provide leadership to the reporting team resources
- Design of efficient, repeatable trend analyses for integration into standard reporting using MicroStrategy
- Testing of enhanced or new reporting
- Directs Partnerships with senior managers to deliver risk analytics and reporting to executive management, committees, and Board of Directors and may assists in development of actionable insights.
- Internal collaboration with business for oversight of risk management.
- Responsible for the development and execution of business control priorities, data governance and strategy.
- Partner with Control leaders to provide insights that can be used in decision making and planning
- 10+ years of Analytics and Reporting, Financial Modeling, Statistics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of BI Reporting & Dashboard Development experience
- 2+ years of BI Architect experience
- 5+ Years SQL, SAS experience
- Understands impacts of reporting/semantic layer performance factors and collaborate with the Data Architect to implement mitigating physical modeling solutions
- Experience in Developing, Executing, and Troubleshooting complex report SQL
- Knowledge in creating and integrating MicroStrategy reports and objects (Attributes, Filters, Facts, Prompts, Templates, Consolidation and Custom Groups)
- Ability to work on the schema design, creating various calculated metrics, advanced thresholds, tuning, caching, alerts, report subscription, report bursting and report optimization
We Value Diversity
- Knowledge and understanding of data analysis, modeling, and mapping
- Ability to analyze metrics and articulate data trends both visually and verbally
- Quantitative or qualitative data analysis experience
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk programs
- Experience in defining key performance metrics, dashboards, or scorecards
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to gather business requirements and create technical solutions
- Experience with Teradata, SQL Server or other relational database environments
- Demonstrated ability to execute effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas.
- Prior experience in business-oriented analysis, metrics design, data visualization techniques and database querying using large data sets sourced from a variety of data sources.
- Prior experience with the operation of analytical processes and process design / improvement
- Prior experience with Risk/Compliance Analytics
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Big Data
- Business Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Business Relationship Management
- Business Requirements