Cable Assembler I
Job Summary & Essential Functions:
- Perform cable assembly tasks for highly complex and critical end use applications including defense and government assemblies. Perform high quality and detailed tasks ensuring high first pass yield and efficiency.
% of Time
• Read and interpret work instructions and process procedures.
• Read and understand blueprints and drawings
• Perform basic cable assembly process steps including such tasks as wire prep, wire stripping, routing, clean-up and close out.
• Build quality into the product - increase first pass yield, minimize rework and minimize scrap.
• Work safely and responsibly; use appropriate PPE and seek assistance as needed.
• Support process improvements and participate in actively providing solutions.
• Work overtime and support production schedules as required.
• Seek ways to improve skills and capabilities. Attend training sessions and obtain require certifications.
• Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
• Performs other duties as assigned including leading projects and participation in project committees
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
- Must be a US Person for ITAR regulated facilities.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Prefer prior experience in manufacturing environment; prefer hand assembly experience.
- Embrace and promote work behaviors that align with the company core values of honesty, professionalism, respect, trust and teamwork.
- Ability to work and promote safety of oneself and other coworkers. Recognize and communicate unsafe practices to management for continuous improvement of the work environment.
- Dependable and prompt for start of the shift and return from breaks or lunch periods.
- Build in product integrity during assembly the first time to avoid and minimize rework, quality rejects, scrap and late shipments to customer.
- Understand the importance of the programs and products manufacturing which service aerospace and defense markets for military, commercial, government and medical industries.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands for tasks that require dexterity and tedious requirements, occasionally lift twenty (20) to fifty (50) pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus to review engineering documents, identify parts and clearly see operations and identify hazards in the production area.
- Pass an eye exam for distance and color vision.
- Working Conditions are: 100% manufacturing environment; 0% office environment, 0% outdoors.
- Noise level is moderate in manufacturing environment.
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated manufacturing areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes must be worn in all manufacturing areas.
Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary):
- Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in designated manufacturing areas.
- Other PPE, Personal Protective Equipment required as designated.
Stand - Continuously 10 lbs or less - Continuously
Walk - Continuously 11-20 lbs - Occasionally
Sit - Continuously 21-50 lbs - Occasionally
Climb - N/A51-100 lbs - N/A
Crawl - N/AOver 100 lbs - N/A
Squat or Kneel - Occasionally
Bend - Occasionally Push / Pull
Fine Manipulation - Continuously 10 lbs or less - Continuously
Reach Outward - Occasionally10-20 lbs - Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder - Occasionally 20-50 lbs - Occasionally
Drive - N/A50-100 lbs - N/A
Over 100 lbs - N/A
N/A (Not Applicable) -
Activity is not applicable to this occupation
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (.25 - 2.5 hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. Other duties may be assigned. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
810 Champlin Avenue
Berryville, Arkansas, 72616