To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greater New Orleans Area, LA
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Customer Relations Technical Specialist
Globalstar • Greater New Orleans Area, LA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Globalstar is Hiring a Customer Relations Technical Specialist to Join Our Team in the New Orleans Area!
WHO ARE WE?
Globalstar is a leading provider of mobile satellite voice and data services, leveraging the world's newest satellite network. Customers around the world in industries like government, emergency management, marine, logging, oil & gas and outdoor recreation rely on Globalstar to conduct business smarter and faster, maintain peace of mind and access emergency personnel. The Company's products include mobile and fixed satellite telephones, the innovative Sat-Fi satellite hotspot, Simplex and Duplex satellite data modems, tracking devices and flexible service packages. For more information, visit www.globalstar.com.
Globalstar offers a competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, wellness program, 401K, stock options, employee stock purchase plan, life Insurance, accidental injury, long term disability, short-term disability, holiday pay, vacation and sick days.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Sponsorship not available for this position. Must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule. Shifts may vary. We are a 24X7 support center.
- Customer Relations is the most important department within Globalstar as the main contact between our loyal customers and the company
- This position is for those that want to excel in a customer focused environment, take ownership of the customer's technical problems, resolve them and go the extra mile for the customer
- If you are a dynamic personality, a techie, and love new gadgets this is the place for you
- It is a high energy busy team who love what they do
- It is a 24 x 7 call center
A Typical Day Includes
- Engaging with our loyal customers on a variety of subjects effectively via phone, email and live chat
- Delivering an individualized customer service experience with professional courtesy, efficiency, and accuracy
- Providing technical assistance and support for the Customer Relations team with your knowledge and skills
- Documenting all customer interactions according to standard operating procedures
- Using technology efficiently and effectively
- Understanding and help to improve internal processes, services and products via feedback gathered from interactions with our customer base
- Assisting our partners with their needs or their customers' needs
- Providing Feedback to managers and senior management
- Participating in our Wellness program
- Understanding that we help rescue people and save lives everyday
What we are looking for
- Satellite Experience not necessary
- Technology is your background
- Passionate about delivering superior customer service
- Takes charge to resolve a customer issue
- Help as a tier 2 internal support go-to person
- A "People Person" with effective listening skills
- Ability to handle difficult issues/customers effectively
- Has background in actioning technical solutions
- Confident verbal and written communication skills in English
- Enthusiastic about technology and learning new gadgets
- Timeliness and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Accommodates flexible 24 x 7 scheduling
- Flexible, able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Review your work for accuracy and compliance
- Learns new systems quickly, follows documented procedures, and adheres to department and company policies
- Experience in live chat is a plus
- High school diploma or GED (General Educational Development) Certification is preferred with 1-2 years of work experience
- Some college preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works in an office environment using a computer, telephone, copier, scanning machines, etc.
- Sits for long periods of time.
- Other physical duties as required.
Globalstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.