Director, Customer Solutions - Professional Lab Services - Secaucus, New Jersey
Questions and Answers. In Client Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Client Service is something we take pride in – making sure that the people we serve feel valued and understood, while providing and gathering accurate information. Client Service is always critical and that’s why our team is both valued and recognized within the business as a key part of our brand. As part of a diverse and supported team, Client Services offers an outstanding career path with an industry leader.
Lead the assessment of the total relationship with customer to create and drive opportunities to meet customer needs and upsell customers with new products and solutions. Manage, grow and retain Lab Outsourcing deals assigned to them. Engage customer senior management, key decision makers and lab staff to build strong relationships and collaboration. Lead relationship with Quest Diagnostics onsite operations team to develop and drive new onsite initiatives that enhance service, efficiency, quality and profitability. Lead renewals for contracts with key customers and assume responsibility for contracting renewal process from beginning to end.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and interpret laboratory management contracts and drive appropriate execution. Manage process to amend and renew contracts for assigned accounts as directed by changes in hospital requirements and approved by the Business and or Lab Advisory Committees.
- Develop relationships with business and medical senior leadership and key contacts at hospital clients and represent Quest Diagnostics on the Business Committee as assigned.
- Partner with Lab Director in management Laboratory Advisory Committee processes and represent Quest Diagnostics as a voting committee member as assigned.
- Track and manage financial performance of assigned accounts.
- Actively participate with and support the Quest Hospital Laboratory network.
- In conjunction with PLS leadership team, establish annual business plans with each assigned customer and drive execution
- Collaborate closely with Operations Implementations Managers to ensure smooth new customer transition from Implementation to CRM.
- Build collaborative customer relationships and secure the business through quarterly customer business reviews and monthly metric reports. Periodically review test utilization for opportunities to upsell and/or bring in new tests to improve patient care
- Define market opportunities and work with PLS leadership to develop strategies, tactics and resource plans necessary to exploit them.
- Link broader Quest offerings to customer needs and identify opportunities for upsell.
- Work with Finance and BD team to conduct detailed analytics as needed to support customer performance reporting; help to develop tools to support automated customer reporting.
- Provide overall support and expertise to customers to ensure they receive highest level of quality service utilizing operational and shared service personnel to resolve problems and deficiencies
- Collaborate with PLS and Quest Marketing, Franchise and Commercial organizations to educate consumers on Quest Diagnostics innovative solutions.
- Create and maintain in-depth customer profiles.
- Stay abreast of changes in the marketplace impacting customers. Maintain a working knowledge of company products and those of the competitors and share this information with leadership.
- Ensure total compliance with all company policies and government regulations.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Marketing or the Life Sciences; or the equivalent years of education and experience
- Direct experience in the hospital laboratory environment with a demonstrated knowledge of hospital management processes and dynamics.
- Ability to develop and sustain strong customer relationships
- Strong financial/business acumen including pricing strategy
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Solid PC skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Software
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- 10 years or more of successful commercial or customer relationship experience including strong influencing skills with account worth >$5 Million annually
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Ethics & Values
- Innovation Management
- Integrity & Trust
- Presentation Skills
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results