To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Providence, RI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Corporate Tax Manager
CBIZ • Providence, RI
Posted 24 days ago
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 100 offices and more than 4,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM New England (formerly CBIZ Tofias) is part of the 10th largest accounting*, tax, and advisory services provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in Boston and Providence and have over 200 people, including over 35 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions.
We serve private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; not-for-profit organizations; and high net-worth individuals and family groups. When you choose CBIZ & MHM New England, you get proactive, accessible professionals who communicate in understandable terms, and deliver practical solutions on time, with no surprises, to help your organization thrive.
This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of client tax operations with corporate entities and delivery of tax services including, global tax provision, corporate income tax and tax planning and consulting. May include a full outsourcing relationship with clients.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Manage multiple engagements for clients in various industries including, life sciences, technology, retail, and manufacturing.Includes public and PE-owned entities
- Manage client relationships
- Supervise ,motivate, and train engagement team members
- Able and willing to work at client location when needed
- Assist clients with the preparation of the global or domestic interim and year-end tax provision
- Calculate and maintain deferred income taxes
- Assist clients with the calculation of tax reserves for uncertain tax positions.
- Prepare documentation supporting tax positions and relevant disclosures
- Maintain and review client’s tax account reconciliation
- Assist clients with the preparation and documentation of income tax footnotes and disclosures for quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Coordinate with financial statement auditors as necessary
- Assist clients with maintaining SOX tax controls
- Review and coordinate the preparation of all federal, foreign, and state tax returns
- Assist clients with audits and inquiries by governmental authorities.
- Assist clients with maintaining tax strategies
- Assist with other projects as necessary
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Or High School Diploma (or GED) and 7 years experience in relevant field
- Must have and preserve required licenses
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to travel as required by business